Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test or OSSTET Notification 2019 is out. The Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha has released a notification for eligible & interested candidates in teaching jobs. Candidates may check the details from Notification including exam dates, eligibility criteria, vacancy, syllabus, pattern and Apply Online for OSSTET 2019. Read further to know more.
OSSTET 2019 Overview:
|Organization||Board of Secondary Education Odisha (BSE Odisha)|
|Exam Name||Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET)|
|OSSTET 2019 Exam Mode||Written (Pen & Paper)|
|Subjects||Science, Arts, Hindi, Classical teachers (Sanskrit, Urdu, and Telugu & Physical Education)|
OSSTET Exam Date 2019
|OSSTET 2019 Apply Online Start Date||7th December 2019|
|OSSTET 2019 Apply Online Last Date||16th December 2019|
|Fee Payment End Date||16th December 2019|
OSSTET Notification Details: Eligibility Criteria
A. General Eligibility
– He or she must be a citizen of India.
B. Ability to Read and Write Odia.
The candidate must be able to read and write in Odia. Any one of the following qualifications will be taken into consideration to ascertain this ability of the candidate.
(a) He/ she must have passed HSC Examination conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or an equivalent examination conducted by any other State Board or Central Board (like CBSE, ICSE) with Odia as a language subject i.e. First/ Second or Third Language.
(b) He/ She must have passed +2/ Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Council of
Higher Secondary Education, Odisha with Odia as an examination subject.
(c) He must have passed Odia Examination of HSC/ 10th Standard Single Subject Examination conduct by the B.S.E., Odisha. In case the candidate desire to be a language teacher like Hindi/ Classical Teachers (Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu), passing Odia Examination of 07th Standard conducted by B.S.E., Odisha shall be allowed
C. Requisite Academic and Professional Qualification
The examination will be conducted in two different parts for the prospective teachers in
two different categories such as:-
Category I:– Education Teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/ Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Telugu).
Category II:– Physical Education Teacher.
OSSTET Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates must note the following points for the OSSTET Exam Pattern 2020:
1. There shall be two papers of the OSSTET viz Paper-I and Paper-II.
a) Persons having requisite academic and training qualifications as per Category-I have to appear in Paper –I of the Examination.
b) Persons having requisite academic and training qualification as per Category–II have to appear in Paper-II of the examination.
2. The Duration of the Test in each paper shall be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
3. All questions will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) each carrying one mark with four
alternatives out of which one is correct.
4. There shall be Four Sections in each paper.
5. In section-I, Language I, Odia shall be compulsory for all categories of posts.
6. In section-II, Language II, English shall be compulsory for all categories of posts.
7. In section-III, under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (Science for both PCM & CBZ), the questions shall be in English. The questions in other streams like Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu) and Hindi Teacher shall be in respective languages/ scripts.
8. The questions in Section III for Paper-II (Category-II- Physical Education Teacher) shall be from the contents of C.P.Ed. Course and shall be in English.
9. In Section-IV the questions in Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management and Evaluation shall be in English and Compulsory for both the categories.
10. There shall be no negative marking.
11. OSSTET Qualifying Marks
The minimum qualifying marks in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in each paper shall be considered to have qualified OSSTET. In case of SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates, the minimum pass mark shall be 50%.
OSSTET Syllabus 2020
OSSTET Syllabus comprises the following subjects in Paper 1 & 2:
OSSTET Syllabus Paper 1 covers the given subjects:
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Language-I: Odia/ Urdu/Hindi/ Telugu/ Bengali
- Language-II (English)
- Environment Studies
OSSTET Syllabus Paper 2 covers the given subjects:
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Language-I, Odia/ Urdu/ Hindi/ Telugu/ Bengali
- Language-II (English)
OPTIONAL Either A or B
A- Mathematics & Science
B – Social Studies
OSSTET 2019 Qualification
Qualifying the OSSTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/ employment in any of the Govt. or Govt. Aided schools and it may be treated as one of the essential eligibility criteria for appointment. The eligibility for recruitment shall be determined by
the concerned recruiting agency/ appointing authority on the basis of all eligibility conditions
prescribed by Govt. from time to time.
OSSTET Apply Online 2019
Given are the link and instructions to apply online for OSSTET 2019 Exam. Follow the same for completing your registration-application.
Instructions for OSSTET Online Application Form 2019
- As the new tab opens through the given link for OSSTET Online Application Form 2019, click New Registration
- Fill the registration details and submit to go to the online form
- Enter your details and then upload the documents required.
- Now, make a fee payment.
(The applicants while registering for the exam of OSSTET 2019 need to submit the announced application fee Rs.500. And you can pay the application fee can be paid via any mode be it Debit or Credit card, Net Banking)
- Finally, Submit the completed form
Stay Connected for OSSTET Exam 2019-20 Updates!