MPSC Syllabus 2021: The Maharashtra State Government conducts various exams every year to recruit suitable candidates into the different wings of the state administration. The MPSC or Maharashtra Public Service Commission is one of the major exams conducted by the Maharashtra State Govt. The MPSC Exam is also known as the MPSC Rajyaseva Exam. It is responsible for conducting other examinations such as Subordinate Services, Class C Services, Engineering Services, Agriculture Services, Judicial Services, etc. Every year candidates in large nos. apply for the MPSC Exam. In order to be eligible to work in MPSC, it is important to get acquainted with the syllabus and the exam pattern. Therefore, for the convenience of the MPSC job aspirants, we have provided the syllabus as well as the exam pattern for MPSC or MPSC Rajyaseva Exam 2021.
MPSC Syllabus 2021: Overview
|Organization||Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC)|
|Services||Subordinate Services, Class C Services, Engineering Services, Agriculture Services, Judicial Services, etc.|
|Category Name||Syllabus And Exam Pattern|
|Selection Procedure||Prelims- Mains- Interview|
MPSC Exam Pattern 2021
Before you go further to the MPSC Syllabus, let us first have a look at the MPSC Exam Pattern 2021. The Exam Pattern is a major part of the recruitment process. It lets the government job aspirants know the pattern of the exam and marks allotted to each of the exam papers so that the candidate can prepare accordingly.
The MPSC state services exam is conducted in three stages:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview Round
A candidate has to clear one stage in order to be eligible for the subsequent stage, i.e, if he/she clears the prelims, he/she moves onto the mains, clearing which he/she would be summoned for the final stage (interview) of the MPSC exam. The MPSC Exam Pattern and Syllabus for each of the stages are explained below.
MPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
This is the first stage of the MPSC State Services Exam. Through this stage of the MPSC Exam, candidates are filtered to appear for the next stage of examination.
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Standard Of Exam||Duration||Nature of Paper|
|Paper I||100||200||Degree||2 hours||Objective|
|Paper II||80||200||A mix of Degree and School||2 hours||Objective|
Points To Note For MPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
- Marks of both papers will be considered for qualifying candidates for the mains exam.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3rd for every incorrect answer in Paper I and Paper II.
- The questions on decision making in Paper II has no negative marks if incorrectly answered.
- Candidates need to score minimum marks as decided by the commission to qualify for the mains exam.
- All the questions are set in English and Marathi except for those questions which are meant to test the candidate’s knowledge of English.
MPSC Syllabus 2021
MPSC is a State Level Exam. Therefore a majority of questions that are asked focus on to the Maharastra. In this section MPSC Syllabus for the Prelims and the Mains has been discussed.
MPSC Prelims 2021 Paper I Syllabus
- Current events of state, national and international importance.
- History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement.
- Maharashtra, India and world geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.
- Maharashtra and India – Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights Issue, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
MPSC Prelims 2021 Paper II Syllabus
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
- Marathi and English language comprehension skills (Class X/XII level) Questions relating to this will be tested through passages from Marathi and English language without providing cross translation thereof in the question paper.
MPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The MPSC Mains Exam comprises of six compulsory papers. Paper I and Paper II are language papers. Paper III to Paper VI are General Studies Papers. MPSC Exam does not comprise of any optional paper through a change made in 2012.
|Paper||Subject||Total Marks||Standard||Duration||Nature of Questions|
|I||Marathi & English (Essay/Translation/Precis)||100||XII Std.||3 hours||Descriptive|
|II||Marathi & English (Grammar/Comprehension)||100||XII Std.||1 hour||MCQs|
|III||General Studies I||150||Degree||2 hours||MCQs|
|IV||General Studies II||150||Degree||2 hours||MCQs|
|V||General Studies III||150||Degree||2 hours||MCQs|
|VI||General Studies IV||150||Degree||2 hours||MCQs|
Points To Note For MPSC Mains Exam Pattern
- There is a negative marking in the objective question papers.
- Candidates need to attempt all the papers to qualify for the Interview round.
- This round is of great importance for the candidates as it is both scoring and qualifying in nature.
MPSC Mains Exam Syllabus 2021
The MPSC Mains Syllabus For Paper I to Paper VI is given below.
MPSC Paper I Syllabus: Marathi and English (Essay/Translation/Precis)
|Section 1: Marathi (50 marks)||Section 2: English (50 marks)|
Paper II: Marathi & English (Grammar and Comprehension)
|Section 1: Marathi (50 marks)||Section 2: English (50 marks)|
Paper III: General Studies I (History & Geography)
|Geography and Agriculture||
Paper IV: General Studies II (Indian Constitution and Indian Politics and Law)
|General Studies II
(Indian Constitution and Indian Politics and Law)
Paper V: General Studies III (Human Resource Development & Human Rights)
|Human Resource Development||
Paper VI: General Studies IV (Economy & Planning, Economics of Development and Agriculture, Science and Technology Development)
|Economy and Planning||
|Economics of Development and Agriculture||
|Science and technology developments||
MPSC Interview 2021
The candidates who qualify the MPSC Prelims and the Mains 2021 will be eligible to appear for the final round, Interview or the Personality Test. The candidates will be interviewed by a panel of competent and unbiased observers. This is more like a personality test where apart from knowledge, the candidate’s attributes such as aptitude, presence of mind, communication skills, etc. are evaluated. The aim of the interview is to test not only the academic qualification of the candidate but also the mental ability and analytical ability of the candidates. The candidates must be aware of the latest current happenings throughout the world.