Lockdown Extended till 3rd May: As we all know that the world is going through a very tough time. The Novel Corona Virus is also known as COVID-19, has led affected over 10,000 plus people in India alone. The PM addressed the nation today 14 April at 10 AM on the lockdown issue due to the rapid spread of the Coronavirus. Many states like Punjab, Odisha, Telangana, and Maharashtra have already extended restrictions till the end of the May. Detailed guidelines on lockdown will be issued tomorrow, i.e. 15th April and focus would be on providing some relief to the poor class.
he Prime Minister has addressed the nation today,
Coronavirus Updates: Lockdown Extended
On the birth occasion of the father of Indian Constitution B.R. Ambedkar, the PM addressed the nation. As we all know that the country has been under 21-day lockdown from midnight of 24th March until 14th April 2020. Now the lockdown has been extended till 3rd May. The Honorable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the nation live for the 3rd time on the ongoing coronavirus. Odisha became the 1st state to declare complete lockdown in the state.
“Before the global numbers touched 100, we began isolating people for 14 days. We had shut public places before India’s numbers began rising. When the global numbers were 550, we put forth the 21-day lockdown,” the PM said. PM Narendra Modi held a video conference on Saturday 18 April with Chief Ministers of all states, and most of them suggested that the lockdown should be extended for at least 2 weeks.
Highlights From Lockdown Speech Of 14th April
- The lockdown has been extended till 3rd May 2020
- The lockdown has been extended on recommendations from Chief Ministers as well as the citizens of the states.
- PM Modi said that in the next one week, the fight against Corona will be increased more harshly.
- By 20 April every town, every police station, every district, every state will be tested, how much lockdown is being followed, how much that area has saved itself from Corona, it will be seen.
- The no. of cases of corona virus is far less as compared to other developed nations.
- India has followed a holistic and integrated approach to control the COVID 19.
- The areas that will be successful in this fire test, which will not be in the hotspot, and those who are less likely to change in the hotspot, may be allowed some necessary activities from April 20.
- Essential services and agricultural activities are not yet under lockdown.
Read: COVID-19 Count in India
7 Important Points To Be Followed During Lockdown
1. Extra care of elderly people
2. Follow Social distancing, use face cover, masks
3. Follow the guidelines given by AYUSH on improving immunity
4. Must download Aarogya Setu app
5. Help the poor and needy by also maintaining social distancing.
6. Do not sack anyone in your company/businesses
7. Respect Frontline workers
Read: COVID-19 Curfew E-Pass
Lockdown In India: Present State
- At present, India has more than 1 lakh beds.
- Moreover, more than 600 hospitals are engaged in the Corona virus Test.
- Even an increase of a single corona virus patient is a matter of concern for us.
- Special measures will be taken for the hotspot areas.
- Download the Arogya Setu App. Encourage others to download the app.
- If the no. of hotspots is decreased, then some relaxtion will be given to them.
- Use of homemade mask is encouraged.
- To increase your immunity follow the guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of AYUSH.