JPSC Syllabus 2021
JPSC Syllabus 2021: Jharkhand Public Service Commission every year conducts Combined Civil Service Exam for recruiting eligible candidates for Class I & II officers posts in Jharkhand State Administration. The candidates who are interested in the recruitment must prepare well for the exam to grab the seat through JPSC Examination 2021. The Prelims exam has been postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19 cases. To help you, we are providing the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for JPSC 2021. Check the detailed exam pattern and syllabus discussed in the article below.
JPSC 2021: Important Dates
|JPSC Notification Release Date||09th February 2021|
|Starting Date To Apply Online||15th February 2021|
|Last Date To Apply Online||21st March 2021 (Extended)|
|Last Date For Fee Payment||22nd March 2021|
|Prelims Exam Date|
|Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|Result Date||To be notified soon|
|Mains Exam Date||To be notified soon|
JPSC Syllabus 2021: Exam Pattern
JPSC Combined State Civil Services Exam will be conducted in three stages of examination. The candidate has to qualify for each of the stages of the JPSC Exam to be eligible for an appointment. The three stages of the JPSC Exam 2021 are as follows:
(a) Preliminary Exam
(b) Mains Exam
(c) Interview Round
JPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern 2021
The preliminary exam is the first stage of JPSC 2021 which is composed of two compulsory papers, General Studies-I and General Studies II.
- All the questions will be of objective type in nature.
- Each paper holds 100 questions of 2 mark each.
- The duration of each paper of the JPSC Prelims is 2 Hours.
- The question paper for the JPSC is set in both Hindi and English.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
|Sno.||Subjects||Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|1.||General Studies-I||100||200||2 hours|
|2.||General Studies-II (Jharkhand specific)||100||200||2 hours|
JPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who obtain the cutoff marks in the JPSC Prelims exam will be called to appear for the JPC Mains Exam. This exam is descriptive or written in nature.
- The JPSC Mains Exam has 6 papers as listed below.
- The selection to be called for the Interview is based on the marks scored by you in Paper II to Paper VI.
- All papers are compulsory to attempt.
- The merit list will be prepared on the marks obtained in the JPSC Mains Exam (Except paper I) and Interview.
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General English and General Hindi having 2 sections of 50 marks each.||100||03 Hours|
|II||Language and Literature (to be chosen from 15 listed languages)||150||03 Hours|
|III||History and Geography||200||03 Hours|
|IV||Indian Constitution and Polity, Public Administration and Good Reforms.||200||03 Hours|
|V||Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development||200||03 Hours|
|VI||General Sciences, Environment and Technology development.||200||03 Hours|
The last stage of the JPSC Mains Exam is the interview. Only those candidates securing the cutoff marks in JPSC Mains will be called to appear for the Interview.
|S. No.||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Viva-voce (Interview/Personality Test)||100|
|Grand Total (Mains + Interview)||1150 Marks|
JPSC Syllabus 2021
The complete JPSC 2021 syllabus includes prelims syllabus and JPSC Syllabus for Mains examination which has been discussed in the article below.
JPSC Preliminary Exam Syllabus
It includes two papers i.e. General Studies & Jharkhand specific General Studies
General Studies Paper-I
It includes the following subjects:
- History of India: Ancient India (5 questions); Medieval India(5 questions) and Modern India(5 questions)
- Geography of India: General Geography(3 questions); Physical Geography(3 questions) ; Economic Geography(2 questions) and Social & Demographic Geography.(2 questions)
- Economic and Sustainable Development: Basic features(4 questions); Sustainable Development(4 questions) and Economic issues(2 questions).
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution of India(4 questions); Public Administration and Good Governance(4 questions); Decentralization: Panchayats & Municipalities(2 questions)
- General Science(6 questions); Technology & IT(3 questions); Agriculture (6 questions)
- National & International Current Events(15 questions)
- Jharkhand Specific Questions (General Awareness of its History, Society, Culture & Heritage)(10 questions)
- Miscellaneous questions of general nature. (15 questions)
General Studies Paper-II (Jharkhand specific)
Paper-II consists of:
- History of Jharkhand (8 questions)
- Jharkhand movement (7 questions)
- The specific identity of Jharkhand (5 questions)
- Jharkhand: Literature and Literary people (5 questions)
- Jharkhand: People and Literature; dance; music; instruments tourist places; tribal culture(5 questions)
- Jharkhand: major educational institutions(3 questions)
- Jharkhand: Sports (5 questions)
- Jharkhand: Land related Laws/Acts(12 questions)
- Jharkhand: Industries and resources(6 questions)
- Jharkhand: Disaster Management
- Jharkhand Miscellaneous
JPSC Mains Exam Syllabus
Paper I- General Hindi and General English
Paper 1 is qualifying in nature; out of total of 100 marks, each candidate needs to get a minimum of 30 marks. Based on the JPSC exam pattern, Mains Paper 1 will have 2 sections including:
Both these papers will have equal weightage (50 marks each). This test is conducted to test a candidate’s performance above 2 languages. Based on the JPSC exam pattern, this paper is broadly divided into the following category:
Paper II-Language and Literature
The candidates attempting this paper can select from one of the following languages and literature:
- Santhali Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Kurmali Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
Paper III- Social Sciences, History and Geography
The JPSC exam pattern for the Mains Paper 3 is divided into two sections
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
In the history section, the following syllabus comes:
Physical and Human Geography of India
Natural Resources of India
Jharkhand Geography and utilization of its resources
Industrial and Urban Development
The style of Urban Settlement and Pollution problems.
PSC Mains Syllabus – Paper 4
Paper-4 include 2 sections:
- Public Administration and Good governance
- Indian Constitution and Polity
|Indian Constitution and Polity||Public Administration and Good Governance|
Main features of the Indian constitution
Basis Fundamental Rights and Duties
Government of the state
Provisions regarding the administration of SC/ST Areas. Etc.
Public and private administration
Questions related to this sector will be asked from topics like Indian Economy, Globalization, etc. Mains Syllabus for the JPSC Paper Five include:
Basic features of the Indian Economy
- National Income
- Demographic features
- Agriculture and Rural economy
- Industrial economy
- Public finance
- Public expenditure
- Fiscal policy
- Indian monetary and its structure
- Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
Sustainable Development, Indian Development Strategy, and Economic Issues
- Economic development, its meaning and measurement
- Importance of Foreign capital, role of technology in the growth of Indian economy
- Sustainable development
- Development status, problems related to socially and economically marginalized sections
- Poverty and Unemployment
- Food and nutritional security
- Economic Reforms taken
Nature and Impact on Indian economy
- New economic reforms
- Reforms made in the financial and banking industry
- Globalization of Indian Economy
- Agriculture sector
- Industrial development and economic reforms in India
The economy of Jharkhand – its features, problems, challenges, and key strategies
- Economic growth and present structure of the economy of Jharkhand
- Demography features of Jharkhand
- Poverty status, unemployment, food security, malnutrition, education reforms, and health indicators in Jharkhand, etc.
- Land, forest and environmental problems in Jharkhand
Paper VI- General Sciences, Technology Development, and Environment
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Agriculture Science
- Environmental Science
- Science and Technology Development