JPSC Civil Service Exam 2021 Postponed
JPSC Civil Service Exam 2021: The Jharkhand Government has postponed the JPSC Civil Services 2021 Exam and other competitive exams due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in the past few weeks. On 18th April 2021, Chief Minister Hemant Soren and state health minister Banna Gupta announced the postponement of State Civil Services and other competitive exams. The State Civil Service Exam Prelims Exam was earlier scheduled for 02nd May 2021 has now been postponed till further notice. Around 5.5 Lakhs of candidates have applied for the recruitment of 252 vacancies of Deputy Collector, Assistant Municipal Commissioner, District Coordinator, Jail Superintendent, and others through JPSC Exam. The revised exam dates will be announced soon on the official website. All candidates are advised to stay tuned with us to get notified of every latest update.
JPSC Selection Process
The Jharkhand Combined Civil Services Exam comprises two successive stages:-
- Prelims (Objective)
- Mains (Written & Interview)
JPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern 2021
The preliminary exam is the first stage of JPSC 2021 which is composed of two compulsory papers, General Studies-I and General Studies II.
- All the questions will be of objective type in nature.
- Each paper holds 100 questions of 2 mark each.
- The duration of each paper of the JPSC Prelims is 2 Hours.
- The question paper for the JPSC is set in both Hindi and English.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
|Sno.||Subjects||Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|1.||General Studies-I||100||200||2 hours|
|2.||General Studies-II (Jharkhand specific)||100||200||2 hours|
JPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who obtain the cutoff marks in the JPSC Prelims exam will be called to appear for the JPC Mains Exam. This exam is descriptive or written in nature.
- The JPSC Mains Exam has 6 papers as listed below.
- The selection to be called for the Interview is based on the marks scored by you in Paper II to Paper VI.
- All papers are compulsory to attempt.
- The merit list will be prepared on the marks obtained in the JPSC Mains Exam (Except paper I) and Interview.
|Paper No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General English and General Hindi having 2 sections of 50 marks each.||100||03 Hours|
|II||Language and Literature (to be chosen from 15 listed languages)||150||03 Hours|
|III||History and Geography||200||03 Hours|
|IV||Indian Constitution and Polity, Public Administration and Good Reforms.||200||03 Hours|
|V||Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development||200||03 Hours|
|VI||General Sciences, Environment and Technology development.||200||03 Hours|
The last stage of the JPSC Mains Exam is the interview. Only those candidates securing the cutoff marks in JPSC Mains will be called to appear for the Interview.
|S. No.||Subject||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Viva-voce (Interview/Personality Test)||100|
|Grand Total (Mains + Interview)||1150 Marks|