JAIIB Exam 2021: Indian Institue of Banking and Finance will be conducting the JAIIB exam twice a year in the month of May and November 2021. JAIIB stands for Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers, which is a (flagship course) an Associate examination by IIBF which is only applicable to the ordinary members of the Institute. The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance aims to enhance the banking and financial services, banking technology, customer relations, and other accountancy and legal aspects of the banking industry, by nurturing and developing competent professional employees already a member of IIBF through JAIIB exam 2021. The JAIIB registration process for the May exam has begun on 24th February 2021 and will be active till 21st March 2021. The ordinary members of the institute can register themself and grab the opportunity.
JAIIB Exam 2021: Overview
|Organisation||Institute of Banking and Finance|
|Exam Name||JAIIB Exam 2021|
|Online Registration Starts||24th February 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||21st March 2021|
|JAIIB Exam Dates||02nd May, 09th May, 16th May 2021|
|Selection Process||Online Written Test|
JAIIB Exam Date 2021
|Events||JAIIB May 2021||JAIIB November 2021|
|JAIIB Application Form Start Date||24th February 2021||01st September 2021|
|JAIIB Registration End Date||21st March 2021||30th September 2021|
|JAIIB Exam Principles and Practice of banking||02nd May 2021||07th November 2021|
|JAIIB Accounting & finance for bankers||09th May 2021||14th November 2021|
|JAIIB Legal & Regulation of banks||16th May 2021||21st November 2021|
JAIIB Exam 2021: Eligibility Criteria
(i) The examination is open only to the ordinary members of the Institute (Any person working in the banking and finance industry whose employer is an Institutional Member of the institute can apply for membership, for details visit IIBF website).
(ii) Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination in any discipline or its equivalent. The Institute may, however at its discretion, allow any candidate from clerical or supervisory staff cadre of banks to appear at the examination on the recommendation of the Manager of the bank/ officer-in-charge of the bank’s office where the candidate is working, even if he/ she is not 12th standard pass or it’s equivalent.
(iii) Subordinate staff of recognized Banking/ Financial Institutions in India, who are members
of the Institute, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they have passed the 12th standard examination or it’s equivalent.
JAIIB Registration Fees
|Attempts||Normal Examination Fee|
|1st Attempt fee||Rs 2700/-|
|2nd Attempt fee||Rs 1300/-|
|3rd Attempt fee||Rs 1300/-|
|4th Attempt Fee||Rs 1300/-|
- From 24.02.2021 to 28.02.2021 – Normal Examination fees
- From 01.03.2021 to 14.03.2021 – Normal Examination fees plus Rs 100/-
- From 15.03.2021 to 21.03.2021 – Normal Examination fees plus Rs 200/-
JAIIB Exam 2021: How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance @iibf.gov.in.
- On the home page click on the ‘Examination/Courses’ option appearing on the left side of the screen.
- Select the ‘Flagship Courses’ out of the given options.
- Choose JAIIB and a new page will open where you can proceed with JAIIB online application.
JAIIB Registration Link 2021
The online registration for JAIIB Exam 2021 to be conducted in May 2021 has started on 24th February 2021. The interested members of IIAF can apply through the direct link on or before 21st March 2021.
- Online Registration Started on- 24th February 2021
- Last Date to Apply- 21st March 2021
JAIIB Exam 2021: Exam Pattern
- Question Paper will contain approximately 120 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies/ case lets. The Institute may, however, vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
- The examination will be held in Online Mode only.
- There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
- The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
- Candidates are allowed to attempt the examination either in Hindi or English, and should clearly fill in their choice of the medium at the time of registration of application
JAIIB Exam 2021: Syllabus
There are three papers covered in the syllabus of JAIIB exam-
Paper-I – Principle and Practices of Banking, which is divided into 5 modules (Module A to Module E)
Paper-II – Accounting and Finance for Bankers. This is divided into 4 modules (Module A to Module D)
Paper-III – Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking which is again further divided into 4 modules.
|Paper I – Principle and Practices of Banking||Module A- Indian Financial SystemModule B- Functions of Banks
Module C- Banking Technology
Module D- Support Services- Marketing of Banking Services/ Products
Module E- Ethics in Bank & Financial Institutions
|Paper II – Accounting & Finance for Bankers||Module A- Business Mathematics and FinanceModule B- Principles of Bookkeeping and Accountancy
Module C- Final Accounts
Module D- Banking Operations
|Paper III – Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Module A- Regulations and ComplianceModule B- Legal Aspects of Banking Operations
Module C- Banking Related Laws
Module D- Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations
JAIIB Exam 2021: Passing Criteria
- The minimum marks for passing in the subject is 50 out of 100.
- Candidates securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having completed the Examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in an attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).