Indian Navy SSR Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021
Indian Navy SSR Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021: Indian Navy has announced 2500 vacancies for Artificer Apprentice/Senior Secondary Recruits( August 2021 Batch) for unmarried male applicants on its official website @joinindiannavy.gov.in. The male candidates who are interested in the vacancies must prepare for the written exam with the updated exam pattern and syllabus which has been decided by the Indian Army. To make it easy for you, we have provided the detailed selection process including exam pattern, syllabus and more in this article. Hope this article would be of great help to you in making your preparation strong enough for Indian Navy SSR AA Recruitment 2021.
Indian Navy SSR Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein approximately 10000 candidates will be called up for written examination and PFT. The shortlisting of the candidates for written examination and PFT will be undertaken on the basis of the percentage of qualifying examination (10+2 examination). The cut off marks may vary from state to state as vacancies have been allocated in a state-wise manner. In this article, we will discuss the Syllabus and the latest Exam Pattern of this examination which will help you to prepare well in an effective manner.
(a) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
(b) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
(c) The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 level and the syllabus for the examination is available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(d) Duration of the examination will be one hour.
(e) All candidates appearing for written examination would be subjected to PFT on the same day.
|Indian Navy 2021 Recruitment Exam||Section Name|
(Duration – 1 Hour)
|General Knowledge/ General Awareness|
Indian Navy SSR AA Syllabus
Check the subject-wise syllabus from here and prepare for the written exam accordingly.
- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion, System of Particles and Rigid Body/Gravitation
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves
- Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus/ Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication
- Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases,
- Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratics Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles Conic Section, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals
- Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finite, Punctuation
- Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words
- Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Use of pronouns
- Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement
- Sports: Championships/Winners/ Terms/ No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, current affairs
- Important National Facts about IndiaHeritage, Arts, Dance, History, National-Languages, Bird, Animal, Song, Flag, Monuments, Capitals & Currencies
- Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors, Eminent Personalities
- Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Sequences, Spellings, Unscrambling, Coding and Decoding
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
(a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
(b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
The merit list for Indian Navy AA and SSR will be prepared based on performance in the written examination subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT), as follows:-
(a) AA– Top 600 candidates (approx.) on all India order of merit, who meet the eligibility criteria for AA will be issued a call-up letter for final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
(b) SSR– Approximately 2500 candidates will be issued a call-up letter for final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka on the basis of state-wise merit.
Note:- The cut-off marks for the issue of a call-up letter for the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka may vary from state to state for SSR entry.
The merit list will be available on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 23rd July 2021 as per the notification released. All selected candidates will be called at INS Chilka for Enrolment Medicals. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in the call letter for Enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka. Enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka.
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(b) Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
(c) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note:- It is mandatory to submit a negative RT-PCR laboratory report of COVID-19 from Govt/ ICMR accredited laboratory by candidates at the time of written examination (Report should be dated maximum of 72 hours prior to reporting date).