Indian Army Religious Teacher Recruitment 2021: Indian Army Recruitment has invited online applications for eligible Indian male candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officers for RRT 91, 92, 93, 94 & 95 courses on its official website @joinindianarmy.nic.in. The interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the posts of Religious teacher from the direct link provided below anytime between 11th January 2021 to 09th February 2021. Read more details about the notification from the below article.
Indian Army Religious Teacher Recruitment 2021: Overview
|Indian Army Recruitment 2021|
|Name Of The Posts||Junior Commissioned Officers Posts (Religious Teacher)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Registration Starts||11th January 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||09th February 2021|
|Applicants||Indian Male Citizens|
|Selection Process||Screening- Written Test- Interview|
Indian Army Recruitment 2021: Important Dates
|Online Registration Begins||11th January 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||09th February 2021|
|Exam Date||27th June 2021|
Indian Army Recruitment 2021: Notification PDF
The male candidates who wish to join make a career in the Indian Army for the post of Religious Teacher are required to go through the official notification from the link given below. The official notification that has been released is in PDF form, you can download it from the direct link below.
Indian Army Recruitment 2021: Vacancy Details
|2||Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments||09 (Hindu (Gorkha) candidates only)|
|5||Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts||01 (Ladakhi Muslim Shia candidates only)|
|7||Bodh Monk(Mahayaana) for Ladakh Scouts||01|
Indian Army Recruitment 2021: Eligibility Criteria
The minimum educational qualification for appointment to this special list of Junior Commissioned Officers (Religious Teacher) will be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition, the candidate must possess the following qualification according to the religious denomination of the individual:
(i) Pandit and Pandit (Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiment: Hindu candidates with Acharya in Sanskrit OR Shastri in Sanskrit with one-year diploma in ‘Karam Kand’
(ii) Granthi: Sikh candidates with ‘Gyani’ in Punjabi
(iii) Maulvi and Maulvi (Shia) for Ladakh Scouts: Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
(iv) Padre: Any person who has been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
(v) Bodh Monk (Mahayana): Any person who has been ordained Monk/Buddhist Priest, by the Appropriate Authority. The term Appropriate Authority will mean Head Priest of the Monastery where the person has been initiated into priesthood. The head priest should be in possession of Geshe (PhD) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery.
Age Limit (as on 01/10/2021)
Civilian and In-Service candidates should not below 25 years of age and not above 34 years of age (i.e. candidates born between 01 Oct 1987 and 30 Sep 1996 inclusive of both dates)
How to Apply For Indian Army Recruitment 2021?
- Civil Candidates applying for Pandit, Granthi, Padri, and Maulvi (Sunni) categories- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Manual applications for these categories will be rejected
- Civil Gorkha Candidates- Candidates should submit written application duly filled to Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat only (please refer application Pro-forma).
- Civil Muslim(Shia) of Ladakh region- Candidates should submit written application duly filled to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only
- Civil Buddhist (Mahayana)- Candidates of other than Sikkim Region – Applying for Bodh Monk will submit written application duly filled to Ladakh Scouts Regimental Centre, Leh only
- Submission of Application by Service Candidates- Applications will only be accepted through the official channel
Online Application Link
The online application process for Indian Army Religious Teacher Recruitment 2021 is active from 11th January 2021 and will end on 09th February 2021. The interested and eligible candidates are advised to apply from the direct link mentioned here.
Indian Army Religious Teacher Recruitment 2021: Selection Criteria
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the screening test (medical and physical test) followed by a written test and interview round. Below are the details for the screening test.
- A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have a sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
- Serving combatants or Remustering candidates must be in medical category SHAPE-1. Remastering candidates will be exempted from recruiting medical examination at the time of recruiting rally. A certificate indicating medical category duly signed by Army Medical Authority where an individual is serving and countersigned by the Commanding Officer of the unit will be submitted by the candidate.
Physical Standard & Fitness Test
|4||Physical Fitness Test||Candidates should be able to run 1600m in 08 Minutes|
Note: Provisions for extra time for 1.6 km run in Hilly Terrain Areas: –
(i) Between 5000 ft to 9000 ft – Additional 30 secs.
(ii) Between 9000 ft to 12000 ft – Additional 120 secs
Indian Army Recruitment 2021: Exam Pattern
There will be 2 papers. Paper-1 is common to candidates and is a qualifying exam only. Candidates scoring min 40% marks in Paper-I will only be assessed in Paper-II. There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks in each paper. The minimum passing marks for each paper are 40.
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Paper-1 (General Awareness)||50||2 marks per question|
|Paper-2 (specific to
religious denominations as applied by the candidates)
|50||2 marks per question|
Candidates who have been shortlisted based on marks only in Paper-2 will be interviewed by the board of officers at 1 ASC Trg Centre, Bangalore and 39 GTC, Varanasi as applicable. Candidates scoring a minimum of 50 out of 100 marks (50%) will qualify in the interview.