The much-awaited IBPS PO 2020 Notification has finally been released. Each year lakhs and lakhs of candidates apply to become an IBPS Probationary Officer. The candidates have to apply through the online mode only for which they have to fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the banks. The eligibility criteria of IBPS are certain factors that have been mentioned below:
- Age Limit
IBPS PO Eligibility: Nationality
The IBPS PO Eligibility as per the Nationality/Citizenship of a candidate is given below. A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
The candidates who are not the citizens of India i.e. for the categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above will have to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India during the Bank PO interview.
IBPS PO Eligibility: Educational Qualification
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 26.08.2020.
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must be in possession of a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicates the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Points To Note For IBPS Educational Qualification
- Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 26.08.2020 has to be submitted at the time of the interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application.
- If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms
Calculation of Percentage For IBPS PO 2020
The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honors / optional/additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
For extensive preparation of IBPS PO exam candidates must take Mock Tests, which will also help them analyze their preparation level.
IBPS PO Eligibility for EWS Category
Applicants not covered under the SC, ST, OBC categories, and have a gross annual income less than 8 lakh rupees are identified as EWS candidates i.e. candidates belonging to Economically Weaker Section. Such candidates are entitled to the benefit of a 10% reservation for the vacancies released by IBPS.
The income from all sources such as salary, business, agriculture, profession, etc. will be included in revenue. This income will be the income from the financial year preceding the year of application.
However, any person or his family having possession of any of the below-mentioned assets will not be included in the EWS category, irrespective of his annual family income.
- 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. ft. and above
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
While applying for the property holding test to determine EWS status, the property owned in different locations by a particular “Family” is clubbed.
Candidates seeking to avail the benefit of EWS reservation for IBPS PO Selection Process Will have to produce an Income and Asset Certificate at the time of document verification and interview round issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format.
The term “Family” will include the person seeking the benefit of reservation, his parents, siblings below 18 years of age, spouse and children below 18 years of age.
IBPS PO Eligibility for PWD Category
As per the Government of India norms, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for reservation under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”.
The categories of disabilities eligible to avail reservation under the Act is as follows:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Blindness and low vision
- intellectual disability, autism, mental illness, and specific learning disability
- locomotor disability including leprosy cured, cerebral palsy, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, and acid attack victims
People with benchmark disabilities will be allocated the reserved vacancies as prescribed in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by Participating banks.
Directives for PwD using services of Scribe
Candidates whose writing speed is affected permanently or with minimum benchmark disability for any reason are allowed to use their own scribe during IBPS PO Exam 2020, but have to abide by certain rules mentioned below.
- Candidates who wish to use the scribe services or are eligible for the same in the examination will have to apply for the services of scribe while filling the IBPS PO Application Form.
- Scribe will have to be arranged by the candidates themselves and at their own cost.
- Both candidate and scribe will have to submit an undertaking that all the stipulated eligibility conditions mentioned for the scribe is fulfilled. Also, if, at any stage of the exam, it is found that the scribe did not fulfil any of the eligibility criteria prescribed or suppresses material facts then the applicant’s candidature will be canceled, irrespective of the result of the CRP.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate may be from any educational background but should not be any candidate for the online examination under (CRP-PO/MT-IX)
- Scribe used by the candidate is eligible for compensatory time of 20 mins or otherwise recommended for the full hour of the examination.
Since compensatory time given to candidates shall be a system based process, therefore, only candidates who register for the same will be allowed such concessions.
Directives for candidates with Cerebral Palsy and Locomotor Disability
Candidates with a minimum of 40% Cerebral Palsy and Locomotor Disability where dominant extremity i.e. writing is affected to the scope where it may slow down the performance will be permitted a compensatory time of 20 min/hr or otherwise advised.
Directives for candidates having Intellectual Disability
Candidates will be provided a compensatory time of 20 min/hr of the exam only if they are more than 40% Intellectually Disabled, mentally ill, Autistic or have Specific Learning Disability, irrespective of availing the Scribe services.
Directives for Visually Impaired candidates
The Visually Impaired candidates suffering from 40% or more disability may opt to view the contents of question paper in magnified font and will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 min/hr otherwise advised. Only the visually impaired candidates who are not using the services of scribe will be permitted to avail the facility of viewing the contents of the test in the magnifying font.
IBPS PO Eligibility: Age Limit
The age limit plays an important factor while filling up the IBPS PO 2020 Online Form.
IBPS PO Age Limit
|IBPS PO Age Limit- Maximum||30 years|
|IBPS PO Age Limit- Minimum||20 years|
The exemptions related to the IBPS PO Age Limit for the following category of candidates is given below:
IBPS Age Limit: Category
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers which inlcudes
Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have gained at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of the assignment (including those whose assignment is due within a year
|Persons originally domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir
from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
- There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
IBPS PO 2020: FAQs
Q. What is the age limit to apply for IBPS PO 2020?
Ans. The minimum age limit is 20 years and maximum age limit is 30 years to apply for IBPS PO 2020. However, age relaxation is provided for a certain categories of candidates.
Q. Can the candidates who are in their final year of Graduation and are waiting for the result can apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. No, the candidates need to have their mark sheets to enter the marks while filling the online application of IBPS PO 2020.
Q. I have obtained 50% in my Graduation. Can I apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes, you can apply.
Q. Do I need to round off the percentage obtained in graduation while filling up the online application for IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes, you have to round off the percentage obtained.The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%