HPCL Recruitment 2019
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL) has announced 164 vacancies in Project Engineer, Refinery Engineer, Law Officer, Quality Control Officer, Human Resource Officer and Fire and Safety Officer. The notice has been released on 17th August 2019 and can be applied till 16th September 2019. Candidates can fill the application on the official site of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, hindustanpetroleum.com.
The vacancies have the following number of posts:
- Project Engineer: Mechanical: 63 Posts
- Project Engineer: Civil: 18 Posts
- Project Engineer: Electrical: 25 Posts
- Project Engineer: Instrumentation: 10 Posts
- Refinery Engineer:Chemical: 10 Posts
- Law Officer:04 Posts
- Quality Control Officer: 20 Posts
- Human Resource Officer: 08 Posts
- Fire & Safety Officer: 06 Posts
Commencement of online application: 19th Aug 2019
Last date of online application: 16th Sep 2019
|Job Role||Project Engineers/Others|
|Job Location||Across India|
HPLC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for various posts offered are presented in the following paragraphs.
Qualification: 4-year full time regular engineering course in Mechanical/Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Civil from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University with minimum 60% marks (aggregate of all semesters/years) for UR/OBCNC/EWS Candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PwBD candidates in Graduation, under the relevant engineering stream for which applied for.
Experience: 3 years of post-qualification relevant work experience in Supervisory role/Executive category at Project sites at Petroleum/ Refining/ Petrochemical/ Chemical/ Fertilizer / Steel/ Power / Infrastructure sector or Project Service Providers like Project Management Consultants / LSTK Contractors related to the above sectors.
REFINERY ENGINEER: CHEMICAL
Qualification: 4 years’ full time regular BE/BTech in Chemical Engineering (Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining) from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University with minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) for UR/OBCNC/EWS candidates, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST/PwBD candidates
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in Operations/Process in a Large Petrochemical plant or a Major Petrochemical Unit within a petroleum refinery (having turnover of Rs. 500 crores or more) in the areas of
- Handling normal operations, plant start up and shutdowns
- Operations of large compressors / blowers / pumps / furnaces/ incinerators
- Handling chilled water/refrigeration systems
- Trouble shooting of unit operation, commissioning of units
- Control systems and with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the P&ID/PFDs
- Process safety & safety standards
- Storage and handling of petrochemicals in specially designed storage tanks
- Process optimization and troubleshooting of process units related issues
- Petrochemicals dispatch in Tankers/Iso Containers and drums including drumming operations
- Hazop and risk analysis and design standards / guidelines
- Process specifications of equipment like columns, vessels, furnaces / burners, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, measuring and control instruments, heat-mass balance, piping, safety / statutory requirements etc.
• Pre-commissioning checks, commissioning assistance
The experience is preferably in the supervisor / executive capacity only. Candidates with other experience of processing industries than those mentioned will not be considered.
Qualification: 3-year full time course in law after graduation or 5 year course in law after 12th Standard from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University. Candidates scoring minimum 60% in aggregate of all the semesters/years (55% for SC, ST & PwBD candidates) in the qualifying degree (as applicable) are only eligible to apply. Qualification should be obtained only through full time regular course from a recognized University/Institute.
- Minimum three years experience of practicing as Advocate or working in a reputed Law Firm or Company. For practicing Advocates, the experience must be after enrollment in the Bar Association and for working candidates, it must be post qualification.
- Experience should preferably relate to drafting Agreements, preparing Court/Arbitration papers, briefing Counsel, etc. substantially covering the law relating to Contracts, Sale of Goods, Transfer of Property, Intellectual Property and Consumer Protection.
- Candidates should possess excellent written/verbal communication skills. Proficiency in reading and writing in any one or more Scheduled language (as per Constitution), in addition to English and Hindi is preferred.
NOTE: An experience certificate from the organization in which the candidate has worked before. The practicing advocate should produce the experience certificate from the State Bar Council or a Senior Advocate or a Law firm along with a copy of the enrollment certificate with the Bar Council. Also, only the full-time work experience will be considered from the date of registration with Bar Council and/or date of joining in employment. Internships during continuation of LLB program will not be considered as a part of experience.
QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER
A regular Two-year full time course of M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical/ Physical/ Organic/ Inorganic) from an AICTE approved / UGC recognized University / Deemed University. Candidates (belonging to UR, EWS and OBCNC category) with minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations and relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST/PwBD candidate.
- Relevant experience of minimum 2 years post qualification in a chemical testing laboratory on testing/ analysis/ R&D/ Quality Control.
- Experience in testing of Petroleum Products will be an added advantage. (Fuel, Lube, Grease etc).
- Candidate should also be conversant with relevant IS, ASTM, ISO and IP test methods and product standards.
Two-year full time, Post graduate Degree /Equivalent course in HR /Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/Psychology or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in HR/Personnel Management from AICTE approved / UGC recognized institute / university. Candidates (belonging to UR, EWS and OBCNC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST/PwBD candidate.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in HR roles in any of the below:
- Handling end to end recruitment of candidates in a talent acquisition profile
- Formulating of HR policies and implementation
- Knowledge of HR technology tools, Process and systems, HR analytics, knowledge of
- Managing employee relations, knowledge of Industrial and Labour Laws and Contract Labour Management
- Learning and development plan in identifying and analyzing training needs of the organization and e-learning techniques/platforms
- Managing PMS and Talent Management system
- Roster Maintenance, reservation management of employees
- Organizational Development Initiatives
- Handling Disciplinary matters
FIRE & SAFETY OFFICER
Educational Qualifications: Full time regular BE/ B Tech in Fire Engineering or Fire & Safety Engineering from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University / Deemed University. Candidates (belonging to UR, EWS and OBCNC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST candidate.
a. Full time regular BE/ B Tech in Fire Engineering or Fire & Safety Engineering from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University / Deemed University. Candidates (belonging to UR, EWS and OBCNC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (aggregate marks of all semesters) in qualifying degree examinations, relaxed to 50% (aggregate marks of all semesters) for SC/ST candidate and possesses a full time Diploma or Certificate in industrial safety or equivalent of duration not less than one year awarded by any University
incorporated under the Central or State legislations or Department of Technical Education or Board of Technical Education of any State /Government of India or from Regional Labor Institute or Central Labour Institute
b. Adequate knowledge of local language i.e. Marathi (Mumbai Refinery) or Telegu (Visakhapatnam Refinery)
- Post qualification and 3 years’ relevant experience in Fire Fighting operations & system maintenance, operation of firefighting vehicles, handling safety related jobs like investigation analysis, safety inspection, job safety analysis, shutdown safety, construction safety, conducting safety meetings/ audits, conducting mock-drills, fire & safety training in an Oil & Gas, Exploration, Pharmaceutical, Fertilizer, Chemical, Steel Industry or Airport Operators.
- Physical Fitness Criteria (Minimum): For Male- Height: 165 CM, Weight: 50 Kg, Chest: Normal: 81 CM, Expanded: 86.5 CM, For Female – Height: 157 CM, Weight: 46 Kg
- Eyesight normal (6/6 in both the eyes; without glasses), colour vision normal
- Free from — Vertigo problem, disease of heart/lungs/kidney, abnormal blood pressure, Knock Knee, Flat Feet, Squint eye and stammering.
- Candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect.
HPCL Recruitment- Selection Process
Shortlisting of the candidates is through a written test, interview, group task, moot court (only for law officers). Candidates who fulfill all the criteria, will be eligible to appear in Written Test.( The written test comprises an objective type test with no negative marking, with two parts, I. General Aptitude consisting of Intellectual Potential test, testing Logical Reasoning & Data interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude test & test of English Language, II. Technical / Professional Knowledge comprising of questions related to Qualifying degree / Educational background required for the position applied for).
Candidates who qualify the Written Test will be able to appear for Group Task (based on scrutiny of the application and/or resume as submitted in the online application) in order of the category-wise and discipline-wise merit list of the Written Test in a particular ratio.
Candidates who qualify in the Group Task will proceed for the Personal Interview.
A minimum qualifying marks in each stage is required, which will be considered for selection process. As per the available vacancies, a category & discipline-wise merit list will be drawn for all the qualifying candidates and will be offered the appointment. As per the relaxed standards applicable for candidates belonging to SC /ST / OBC-NC & PwBD, the assessment will be done.
The probation period of 1 year from the date of joining is applicable for all the selected officers.