Daily Important News will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. 15th G20 Leaders’ Summit
– At the invitation of His Majesty King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will be attending the 15th G20 Summit.
– It will be chaired by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, under the theme “Realising the Opportunities of 21st Century for All” on 21-22 November 2020. The meeting will be held in a virtual format.
– The focus of the upcoming G20 Summit will be on an inclusive, resilient, and sustainable recovery from the COVID-19.
– During the G 20 Summit, the leaders will discuss pandemic preparedness and the ways and means to restore jobs. The leaders will also share their vision for building an inclusive, sustainable, and resilient future.
– India will enter the G20 Troika, along with Saudi Arabia when Italy will take over the Presidency of the G-20 on 1st December, 2020.
To know about Anti Satellite Missile:
2. India-Luxembourg Virtual Summit
– The Prime Minister of India, H.E. Shri Narendra Modi, and the Prime Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, H.E. Mr. Xavier Bettel, held the first-ever India-Luxembourg Virtual Summit on 19 November 2020.
– The two Prime Ministers underlined the excellent relations between India and Luxembourg based on shared principles and values of democracy, freedom, rule of law, and respect for human rights.
– The two leaders acknowledged the growing convergences between India and Luxembourg on global issues of mutual interest.
– Both Prime Ministers welcomed the signing of a cooperation agreement between Invest India and Luxinnovation to support and develop mutual business cooperation between Indian and Luxembourg companies.
– They also noted that Luxembourg companies were taking a growing interest in India’s various initiatives related to the environment, clean energy and sustainable technologies, including the Clean Ganga Mission.
– The leaders looked forward to the 17th Joint Economic Commission between India and the Belgium-Luxembourg Economic Union to review the economic and trade relations.
– They also further look at finance. Space and Digital Cooperation, Higher education and research, Culture and people-to-people ties, EU-India relations, COVID-19 pandemic, Multilateral cooperation, etc.
UPSC 2021 Online Coaching Classes | Bilingual GS Foundation Batch
3. Centre stage of international Energy Affairs
– Executive Director of International Energy Agency (IEA), Mr. Fatih Birol said that India has moved to the Centre stage of international Energy Affairs and is a role model for other major emerging economies.
– Speaking at a virtual launch of the Energy Technology Perspectives 2020, a new study of IEA. It focusses on the technology needs and opportunities for reaching international climate and sustainable energy goals.
– Mr. Birol praised the Indian government for its efforts in providing clean energy to millions by way of schemes like Ujjawala and Ujala.
– India’s actions on renewable energy the Environment Minister said that India’s renewable energy now stands at 89 GW. It has increased by 170 % in the last 6 years which is a significant increase.
– “Our Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi has declared 175 GW of renewable power by 2022 and our aspirational goal stands at 450 GW of renewable energy.”, said Shri Javadekar
Daily Gist of ‘The Hindu’, ‘PIB’, ‘Indian Express’ and Other Newspapers: 19 November, 2020
4. The Republican Ethic
– Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh released the third volume of the Selected Speeches of President Shri Ram Nath Kovind titled – ‘लोकतन्त्र के स्वर’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’ in New Delhi.
– It was held in the presence of the Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Information and Broadcasting and Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Shri Prakash Javadekar and other dignitaries.
– Speaking on the occasion, Shri Rajnath Singh said that this compilation of speeches of President Shri Ram Nath Kovind presents a comprehensive picture of his work, personality and values.
– The ‘लोकतन्त्र के स्वर’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’, published by the Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, are series of books of collection of selected speeches of the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind in Hindi and English respectively.
– The third volume contains 57 selected speeches of the President delivered during the third year of his presidency.
Who are Sarna Tribal?: