Daily news will speed up the preparation for the Civil Services Examination and it also plays a crucial role to grasp the current affairs topic comprehensively. Here we have covered most of the topics related to various categories including National, International, Sports, Science and Technology, and so on.
1. Festival Special” services
– To clear the festive rush, Ministry of Railways has approved 196 pairs (392 trains) of “Festival Special” services over Indian Railways to be operated from 20th October 2020 and 30th November 2020.
– The fare for these Festival Special services shall be that applicable for special trains.
UPSC 2021 Online Coaching Classes | Bilingual GS Foundation Batch
2. Student’s residential complex and pilot food processing plants
– Virtual Inauguration of Students Residential Complex and other Facilities at IIFPT.
– Foundation Stone Laid for New Infrastructure Development in Newly Purchased Land.
– Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Rural Development, Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, Panchayati Raj and Food Processing Industries has said that the prosperity of agriculture and farmers is must for achieving the objective of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
– Tomar said that the institute commenced as a paddy quality testing laboratory in 1967, and has evolved across years.
– He further stated that this Institution was renamed as the Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology to signify its up-gradation and broadening of scope and services to all areas of food processing, including milk, meat, fish and poultry.
– Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology (IIFPT), Thanjavur is a national R&D and educational institute under Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India.
– The institute undertakes research and offers academic programmes in food processing.
– The institute is equipped with hi-tech research facilities, business incubation centre and accredited food testing lab. IIFPT has forged strong links with the industrial community in India and abroad.
– The institute has recently acquired 14.50 acres of land adjacent to its existing location for the creation of infrastructure for expanding its research and academic activities.
Daily Gist of ‘The Hindu’, ‘PIB’, ‘Indian Express’ and Other Newspapers: 13 October, 2020
3. Vivekananda Lecture Theatre Complex
– Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhiyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the Vivekananda Lecture Theatre Complex that has been constructed in the campus of Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur.
– According to the Union Education Minister, Vivekananda Lecture Theatre Complex is one of the largest lecture theatre complexes in entire Asia with a capacity to teach 6792 students at a time through its 48 classrooms.
4. Healing touch of Homoeopathy for Skin Diseases
– A case study published recently in AYUHOM, the Research Journal of North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy, Shillong illustrates that Homoeopathy can do wonders in cases of skin related viral diseases.
– The author of the case study is Sangita Saha, Reader, Department of Organon of Medicine and Mahakas Mandal, Post Graduate Trainee, Department of Practice of Medicine, the Calcutta Homeopathic Medical College &Hospital along with Koushik Bhar, Post Graduate Trainee, the National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata.
– Treatment of five patients suffering from five different skin diseases with Homoeopathy has given notable results which give a boost to the conviction of the positive effects of Homoeopathic medicine on such skin disorders.
– Skin diseases are numerous and frequently occurring health problem affecting all ages not only India but globally also.
Daily Gist of ‘The Hindu’, ‘PIB’, ‘Indian Express’ and Other Newspapers: 12 October, 2020
5. Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
– On 16th October, 2020, 7th Justice Ministers’ Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) the Member States to be hosted by Union Law Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
– Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation.
– On 15 June 2001, it’s creation was announced in Shanghai (China) by the Republic of Kazakhstan, the People’s Republic of China, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
– It was preceded by the Shanghai Five mechanism.
– In June 2002, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Charter was signed and entered into force on 19 September, 2003.
– The official languages are Russian and Chinese.
Daily Gist of ‘The Hindu’, ‘PIB’, ‘Indian Express’ and Other Newspapers: 10th October, 2020
6. 2020 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences
– The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences awarded Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences, 2020 to Paul Milgrom and Robert Wilson for their work on commercial auctions.
About Sveriges Riksbank Prize
– Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences, 2020 is given in memory of Alfred Nobel and is popularly known as Nobel Prize for Economics.
– It includes 10 million Swedish kronor award money.
– It is officially titled the “Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel”.
IAS Prelims Mock-Test 2020 – Set 34, 12 October
UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2021: General Studies and CSAT for CSE