OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Odisha Public Service Commission has recently released a notification announcing 392 vacancies for Group A and Group B posts under Odisha Civil Services on 31st December 2020. The interested candidates can apply online for the Preliminary test through the online application link given below which is active on 12th January 2021. The online registration link and fee submission fee link will be active till 11th February 2021 and the last date to submit a registered online application is 18th February 2021. The selection will be done based on three stages: Preliminary, Mains, And Interview Round. Read the complete article for detailed information about the recruitment process, online application link, eligibility, exam pattern, and more.
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Job Summary
|OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Post||Group A and Group B posts|
|No of Vacancy||392|
|Registration begins||12th January 2021|
|Last Date To Submit Application||18th February 2021|
|Advt No.||07 of 2020-21|
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Important Dates
Below is the table depicting the important dates associated with OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021. Bookmark this page for the latest information regarding the recruitment
|Online Application Starts||12th January 2021|
|Link for Registration Available till||11th February 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Registered Online Application||18th February 2021|
|Prelims Test||To be notified soon|
|Mains Test||To be notified soon|
|Interview Round||To be notified soon|
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Notification PDF
For detailed information about the OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021, the interested candidates can download the notification pdf for which the direct link to download has been provided below. Read the complete notification before applying online for Group A and Group B Posts.
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Vacancy Details
A total of 392 vacant posts have been announced by Odisha Public Service Commission for group A and group B posts in Civil Services. Out of which 247 vacancies are listed under Group A posts and the remaining 145 for Group B posts. The vacancy detail has been explained below.
|SNo||Name of the post||Category||Total Vacancies|
GROUP- A (Junior Branch)
|1||Odisha Administrative Service||69
|15 (5-w)||22 (7-w)||31 (10-w)||05||–||01||137 (45-w)|
|2||Odisha Police Service||03 (01-w)||01||01||01||–||–||–||06|
|3||Odisha Finance Service||52 (17-w)||12 (4-w)||17 (6-w)||23 (8-w)||04||–||–||104 (35-w)|
|4||Odisha Cooperative Service (ARCS/AGCS)||04||–||01 (w)||03 (1-w)||01||–||–||08 (02-w)|
|5||Odisha Revenue Service||37 (12-w)||08 (3-w)||12 (4-w)||17 (5-w)||04||–||–||74 (24-w)|
|6||Odisha Taxations & Accounts Service||32 (11-w)||07 (2-w)||10 (3-w)||14(5-w)||04||01||01||63 (21-w)|
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree from any University incorporated by an act of the central or a state legislature in India.
- He/She must be able to read, write, and speak Odia.
Age Limit (as of 01/01/2020)
The candidate of the age group between 21 to 32 years can apply online for the OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021.
- Upper Age relaxation for SC/ST/SEBC/Women/Ex-Serviceman: 05 years
- Upper Age relaxation for PWDs whose permanent disability is 40% or more: 10 years
The application fee for online registration is Rs 500/-
There is no application fee for SC/ST of Odisha and persons with more than 40 percent disability are exempted from the payment of the fee.
Steps to Apply Online for OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021
- Visit the official website of Odisha Public Service Commission @opsc.gov.in
- Click on the Apply Online button displayed in the right corner.
- Read the instructions carefully
- Fill in all the details appropriately asked in the particular space.
- Upload the documents required.
- Pay the application fee if applicable.
- Check all the details carefully before final submission.
- Download and take a print out of the application form for future reference.
Online Application Link For OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021
The interested candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can directly apply for the recruitment from the link mentioned below. Please note, the online registration link and fee submission fee link will be active till 11th February 2021 and the last date to submit a registered online application is 18th February 2021.
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Selection Process
The competitive examination or selection process for OPSC Recruitment 2021 will be comprised of:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Personality Test or Interview Round
Candidates who qualify Prelims Exam will be eligible for the Mains Exam and the finally selected candidates from the Mains exam will be called Personality Test/Interview Round.
OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021: Exam Pattern
OPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam
The Preliminary Exam shall comprise of two papers of Objective type:
- Paper-1 General Studies: 200 Marks
- Paper-2 General Studies: 200 Marks
Each paper shall be of 2 hours duration.
OPSC Civil Services Mains Exam
The Mains Exam shall comprise of 5 papers which are each as follows:
- Paper-I Odia Language: 300 Marks
- Paper-II English Language: 300 Marks
- Paper-III English Essay: 200 Marks
- Paper-IV General Studies I: 300 Marks
- Paper-V General Studies II: 300 Marks
- Paper- VI, VII, VIII, and IX: Optional Papers: 1200 Marks- The candidate has to select two subjects from the list of Optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers and each paper carrying 300 Marks
Each paper shall be of three hours duration
OPSC Civil Services Personality Test
The interview shall carry 250 Marks which will be a final round for selecting eligible candidates for Group A and Group B Posts. The candidate shall be interviewed by a Board to be constituted by OPSC for the purpose.
For detailed exam pattern and Syllabus, download the OPSC Civil Service Recruitment 2021 notification pdf given above.