SOA in the TIMES World Ranking Again: The Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) Deemed to be University has once again been placed in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking for the year 2021 in the 1001 plus category for the second consecutive year. It was placed in the same category in the year 2020 also and it has done it again.
Rankings were generated on the basis of five factors of excellence and education:-
- Teaching (the learning environment)
- Research (volume, income and reputation)
- Citations (research influence)
- Industry income (knowledge transfer)
- International outlook ( international staff, students and research collaborations)
SOA Deemed to be University’s Achievements:
SOA Deemed to be University is one of the prestigious universities in our country in terms of excellence and high-quality education. It has achieved several milestones and awards in the past years. Some of the renowned achievements are listed below:-
- Placed 20th in University category and 38th in the overall institution’s category this year as per the list released by Dr. Pokhriyal in the video conference.
- SOA remained the top institution in the university category in Odisha for the fifth consecutive year obtaining a score of 53.10 this year.
- Ranked 34th in the Engineering category and 23rd in the Medical category this year.
- SOA faculty of Dental sciences ranked nationally at 12th position.
- After the NIRF rankings were introduced in 2016, SOA finished among the top 20 universities in the country for the third time.
- Ranked among the top 50 in India in the latest QS India University Rankings 2020
- SOA has also been ranked 15th among the top 50 Deemed to be Universities in the country in the latest Outlook-ICARE India University rankings for 2019
- SOA has been ranked fourth in the country in the Swachh Campus Ranking for 2019 conducted by the HRD ministry
JEE Main 2020 Latest Notification:
- JEE Main Result 2020: Link To Check
- JEE Main Answer Key 2020 Released: Link to Check
- JEE Main Exam Analysis 2020 of Sept 4, 5, 6 (Out): Check here
- JEE Main Exam Analysis 2020 of Sept 1, 2, 3 (Out): Check here
Comments by Professors:
SOA Vice-Chancellor Prof. Ashok Kumar Mohapatra was filled with joy to see the University’s success and growth and owed it to the teachers, researchers and stakeholders. Further, he said, “I hope all concerned will strive even harder to help SOA rise in the ranking ladder next year”. He further added that University is yet to become the country’s finest.
On achieving this great milestone Prof. Manojranjan Nayak, founder President of SOA said “The improvement in ranking will certainly motivate all staff members of SOA to achieve greater things in future. I congratulate each of them for this success”.
SOA Deemed to be University Salient Features :
Some of the salient features of the University are:
- 127 Acres University campus
- 4,47,395 sqm. Built-up Area
- 13 Research Centres
- 38 Research Labs
- 197 e-Enabled Classrooms
- State-of-the-art 1400-seat auditorium alongside four other auditoria
- Fully Wi-Fi Campus
- 37 National Collaborations
- 127 International Collaborations
- High-end Multi-disciplinary Research in Emerging Areas
- Adequate e-Resources with e-Databases
- Fellowship for Doctoral & Post-Doctoral Programmes
- Scholarship for Meritorious Students
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) Deemed to be University motto is “Empowering students for a brighter future”. It believes in empowering students by providing high-quality education.
Institute of Technical Education and Research (ITER) is SOA’s faculty of engineering and technology. Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) and SUM Hospital and Institute of Dental Sciences (IDS) are the SOA’s DEemed to be University’s faculty of medical and dental sciences.
There are nine different institutions which function under SOA and offer 95 academic programmes in engineering and technology, medical sciences, dental sciences, management sciences, hospital administration, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, nursing, hospitality and tourism management, legal studies and agricultural sciences. Currently, there are 12000 students from six different countries studying at the University