Despite all the opposition from various stakeholders, the National Testing Agency has decided to go ahead with conducting the NEET UG 2020 and JEE Mains 2020 Exam as per the schedule. When questioned about the decision of the government to conduct the NEET UG 2020 and JEE Mains 2020 Exam despite the pandemic situation in the country, the education minister stated that the government decided to conduct both the national level entrance exams under constant pressure from parents and students.
JEE Main 2020 Latest Notification:
- JEE Main Result 2020: Link To Check
- JEE Main Answer Key 2020 Released: Link to Check
- JEE Main Exam Analysis 2020 of Sept 4, 5, 6 (Out): Check here
- JEE Main Exam Analysis 2020 of Sept 1, 2, 3 (Out): Check here
He was quoted as saying that “We have been under constant pressure from parents and students, asking why we are not allowing JEE and NEET. The students were very worried. In their minds they were thinking for how long will they continue to study? They do not want to lose an entire year.” He further added that “Out of 8.58 lakh students who registered for JEE, 7.25 lakh candidates have downloaded their admit cards. We are with students. Their safety comes first, then their education.” Check | JEE Main Syllabus 2020: Download PDF For JEE Main Revised Syllabus
Education Minister: We are with The Students
The education minister further reiterated the commitment of the government towards the safety of the students who will be appearing for the NEET-UG 2020 and JEE Mains 2020 Exam. He specified that all the safety guidelines will be followed at the examination venues.
- Students will be required to wear face masks and hand gloves before entering the examination venue.
- They will also be required to carry a personal bottle of hand sanitiser and water bottle with them to the venue.
- The entry to the examination centre will be conducted in a staggered manner and they will have to undergo a thermal scan to gain access to the examination centre. Check | JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020: Check New Paper Pattern, Changes And Marking Scheme
- Students whose body temperature is above the normal i.e. indicating towards fever, will be seated in an isolation room.
- While the government is preparing to conduct the NEET UG 2020 and JEE Mains 2020 Exam as per the schedule, various experts, students, and parent groups have expressed their concerns regarding conducting the NEET UG 2020 and JEE Mains 2020 Exam when the COVID-19 cases are increasing across the country. They have also received support from various political parties who are wary of the pandemic situation as well as the flood situation in various parts of the country.