IPU CET 2020: The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, also known as IP University, is a teaching cum affiliating University located in Delhi. This University offers 150 courses in over 15 Streams, for UG, PG and Ph.D. programmes. Highly regarded for its Law, Management, Engineering, and Computer Application programmes, the admission to the Indraprastha University is based on a common entrance examination, known as the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET). The students who aspire to get admission to the IPU can either take the IPU CET or through the various national level examinations.
IPU CET 2020 Application Date
Due to the unforeseen circumstances resulting from the global coronavirus pandemic and the extended lockdown throughout the nation, the deadline for submitting the application form for IPU CET 2020 has been extended from May 5 to May 25, 2020. The IP University application correction facility has been scheduled to be made available from May 26 to May 28, 2020. This delay in submission of application form has further pushed the dates for the issue of admit cards and the date of the IPU CET 2020 exam, which are yet to be notified.
Only the candidates who have registered for the exam using their email id and mobile number can fill the application form of IP University 2020 and later on attend the IPU CET. It has to be noted that the students who wish to apply for different courses will have to fill separate admissions forms for each of the distinct courses.
The application form needs to be filled online, and the candidates are required to fill their personal details, academic qualifications, select the course and upload the scanned copies of official documents on their IP University admission form before they can submit the form by paying the application fee. The application fee of Rs 1,200 for each programme is applicable for students belonging to all categories and have to be paid through online modes, debit/credit card or net banking method through a secure gateway.
IP University Courses
IPU has a wide range of undergraduate courses and postgraduate courses in various domains of study.
IPU UG Courses
The University Offers Close To 50 Undergraduate Courses including BCA, B.Com Hons, B.Ed., LLB, BHMCT, BJMC, B.Arch, BBA with specializations General, Banking & Insurance and Computer-Aided Management, BA Hons with specializations English and Economics, BVoc with specialization Applied Arts, Interior Design and Automobile, B.Pharm, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BSc in Nursing and Medical Lab Technology, B.Tech with specializations in Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering and Biotechnology, B.Tech Dual Degree in specializations Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Biotechnology and Chemical Technology.
IPU PG Courses:
In addition to this, there are over 70 Courses On Postgraduate Level, offered by the University in various domains like Management, Engineering, Medical Science, Law and so on, offering courses like MBA with specializations Information Technology, General, Financial Analysis and International Business, MCA with specialization General and Software Engineering, M.Tech in specializations Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Biotechnology, Engineering Physics and VLSI Design, LLM, MA in English, Economics, Mass Communications, Conservation, Preservation & Heritage Management and Master in Archaeology & Heritage Management, MSc in Environment Management, Biodiversity Conservation. Natural Resource Management, Forensic Sciences and Cardiovascular & Thoracic Nursing, M.Ed., MOT in specializations Musculoskeletal and Neurology, MCh in Neurology, CTVS, Plastic Surgery and Urology, DM in specializations in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology and Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, MPT, MPO, PGAC, MPhil in English, Clinical Psychology and Psychiatric Social Work and PhD.
The University has maintained its position for being the highly regarded University for it’s Law, Management, Engineering and Computer Application programmes.
IP University Entrance Exam 2020
Even though the admissions to the Indraprastha University is based on a Common Entrance Test, known as the IPU CET, various other national level examinations also play a role in ensuring admissions for the students.
The admission criteria for all the courses can be explained in a nutshell as below.
- The admission for IPU BTech programs is solely based on the JEE Main Ranks. The shortlisted candidates are further selected for an online IPU Counselling.
- The admission to BArch programme is made by considering the candidates who have qualified NATA.
- GATE scores are the basis of M.Tech admissions.
- Admission to the MBA programs at IPU is conducted on the basis of candidate’s performance in CAT.
- Admissions to medical courses, like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS are based on NEET UG conducted at All India Level. This is further followed by IPU counselling.
- Admission to higher-level medical programs like DM/ MCh admission also is done through NEET SS and is followed by counselling process.
- For the law courses offered at the IPU, the candidate’s score in CLAT is the governing factor for admission.
- The PhD programmes offered by the IPU shortlists the candidates on the basis of their CSIR NET/ UGC NET or JRF and is further made to go through an interview.
For all the rest of the courses at both UG and PG level, the admission criteria are solely on the basis of IPU CET. For securing admissions in any of the programs under these categories, a valid score in IPU CET is a must. The IPU CET will also be followed by a counselling process.
- The IPU CET 2020 will be held in an online mode for all the courses.
- All of these questions are objective in nature with options from which you have to make your choice for one among them.
- The B.Tech paper will have a total of 100 questions.
- The total time duration for the exam is 2.5 hours for the B.Tech paper while all other courses will have 3 hours.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks, and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. This means that the paper will be a total of 400 marks.
Besides this, there is a provision of reservation for special category students including Kashmiri Migrants, Person with Disability, and Management Quota candidates.