IIT JAM Eligibiltiy: IIT Joint Admission Test i.e. IIT JAM is an online admission test conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for various postgraduate and doctoral level courses at IITs and IISc. Being conducted since 2004, IIT JAM is conducted for admission to M.Sc., Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree, and several other courses.
The IIT JAM Scores are also acceptable at NITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions. Every year, IITs declare the various key aspects pertaining to the marks, age limit, and educational requirements from the interested candidates. For the candidates interested in IIT JAM 2020, it is important to have proper understanding of IIT JAM Eligibility 2020.
IIT JAM Eligibility 2020: Marks And Educational
- To be eligible for IIT JAM 2020, the candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution.
- Candidates who belong to the General Category or are from OBC (Non Creamy Layer) must have scored at least 55% marks in their undergraduate degree. If the institute is using a grading system, then a CGPA of 5.5 out of 10 is required.
- Candidates who belong to the SC or ST Category, must have an aggregate of 50% or more in their undergraduate degree. If the institute is using a grading system, then a CGPA of 5.5 out of 10 is required.
- The aggregate marks includes the scores in every subject studies at the graduation level, without rounding-off.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination must submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination by 30th September 2020.
- In case the qualifying examination used a grading system or CGPA, then the admitting institute will determine the percentage of marks.
IIT JAM Eligibility 2020: Age Limit
There is no upper age limit applicable to candidates appearing for IIT JAM 2020. The only basic requirement is completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university or institution.
Indian Nationals as well as Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear for IIT JAM 2020. The reservation policy as specified by the government of India will be applicable for admissions after IIT JAM 2020.
IIT JAM Eligibility 2020: Important Points
It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she meets the eligibility criteria and minimum educational qualifications as specified from time to time.
If at a later stage it is found that the candidates does not meet or satisfy the guidelines or eligibility criteria of the institute, then his/her admission can be cancelled at any time. The decision will be taken according to the rules in force at the time of admission.
Link To Check UP Board Result 2020: