GATE 2021 Exam Date (Announced): There is an extremely important update for all the candidates who are preparing to appear for the GATE 2021 Exam to be conducted by the IIT Bombay this year. IIT Bombay, being the official conducting agency for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering has issued the official notification for GATE 2021. Along with the official GATE 2021 Exam dates, IIT Bombay has also introduced two new subjects which will be a part of GATE 2021 Revised Eligibility Criteria. All the details have been made available on the official website of GATE for the candidates to check. The official website for GATE 2021 Notification @www.gate.iitb.ac.in.
GATE 2021 Exam Date
As the situation in the country is far from normal, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, IIT Bombay has taken it into consideration and has announced an extended examination schedule for GATE 2021. In comparison to previous years, this schedule is slightly longer but has been necessitated by the prevailing scenario. As per the official announcement by IIT Bombay, the GATE 2021 will start from 5th February and will continue till 7th February 2021/ Subsequently, the next round will start from 12th February and will end on 13th February 2021. The institute will share the subject-wise date sheet along with the respective time slots on the official website in a few days. Students are advised to regularly check the official website for more information. Check | JEE Main Application Form Correction 2020: Date (Extended) Till 31st July 2020
GATE Important Dates 2020
Here are some of the most important dates pertaining to GATE 2021 which all the candidates must follow: –
|S. No.||Events||Dates (Announced)|
|1||Online Application form opens||August or September 2020|
|2||Closing of submission of application form||Last week of September 2020|
|3||Last date for requesting the change of examination city (an additional fee will be applicable)||Third week of November 2020|
|4||Admit Card availability||First week of January 2021|
|5||GATE 2021 Examination||5th & 7th and 12th & 13th February 2021|
|6||Announcement of Result||Third week of March 2021|
GATE 2021 Revised Eligibility Criteria
As per the official statement from IIT Bombay, the eligibility criteria for GATE 2021 has also been revised along with the examination dates, which allows even the final year students to be eligible to apply for the GATE 2021 examination and appear for the same. The official announcement reads that, “Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2021 is relaxed from the minimum 10+2+4 (on-going) to minimum 10+2+3 (on-going), enabling even those in the third year of their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination, thus providing an additional opportunity to candidates to improve their performance to secure better career options.” Check | IIT Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020: Check Latest Eligibility Criteria
One more change has been introduced by IIT Bombay to the eligibility criteria this year wherein now the candidates will be eligible to apply for more than one subject. But there is one condition that allows a combination of subjects from the prescribed list only, as it is an attempt of the institute to encourage interdisciplinary research.
GATE 2021 Two New Subjects
One of the most significant aspects of the announcement from IIT Bombay for GATE 2021 is that this year onwards two new subjects have been introduced for GATE 2021. The two subjects that have been introduced by the institute are: –
- Environmental Science and Engineering (ES)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (XS)
Commenting on this introduction of two new subjects, Mr Subhasis Chaudhuri, IIT Bombay Director Professor stated that it will “create much needed new career opportunities for those in the Humanities and Social Sciences area as this may serve as one single standardized criterion for admission to various masters and doctoral programs in various IITs and other universities in India.”
GATE 2021 Syllabus
Here are the important topics that will be covered for the selected subjects:-
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC): Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Electronic Devices, Signals and Systems, Digital Circuits, Analog Circuits, etc.
- Bio-medical Engineering (BM): Measurements and Control Systems, Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Sensors and Bio-instrumentation, Signals and Systems, Measurements and Control Systems, Biomechanics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Analog and Digital Electronics, Biomaterials, and Medical Imaging Systems.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Environmental Planning and Design, Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Building and Structure, Construction and Management, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE): Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Linear Algebra, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Mathematics (MA): Complex Analysis, Linear Algebra, Algebra, Real Analysis, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Statistics (ST): Linear Algebra, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis, Calculus, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Probability, Multivariate Analysis etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Engineering Mathematics etc.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN): Control Systems, Signals and Systems, Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, etc.