The AILET 2022 exam will be held at NLU Delhi on May 1, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. The AILET 2022 exam will last 1 hour and 30 minutes, will be administered in pen-and-paper mode and will consist of multiple-choice questions. The exam’s results will be used to determine admission to 5-year integrated BA LLB, one-year LLM, and PhD programmes. The AILET 2022 syllabi for the BA, LLB, and LLM programmes have been changed, and the BA LLB question paper will now contain three sections instead of the previous five. In addition, the weighting and tie-breaker procedures have been changed.
On January 17, the AILET 2022 application form was made accessible. In addition, the deadline for submitting completed applications is April 7. Candidates who match the eligibility requirements can fill out the application form on the official website in an online format. The exam price is Rs. 3,050, and applicants who complete the application process will receive their AILET 2022 admit cards on April 21, 2022.
The All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is administered by the National Law University in Delhi for admission to undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), and doctoral (PhD) law programmes. This is a national-level entrance exam for admission to NLU Delhi’s law programmes only; the university does not accept any other law entrance exam for admission to NLU Delhi.
AILET 2022 Exam Date
AILET exam date notification was issued on 13-Nov-2022. The Exam is to be conducted in pen-and-paper mode and the online applications of which are from 17-Jan-2022 to 07-April-2022. The AILET application is for admission to BA LLB, LLM, and PhD courses at NLU, Delhi only. The date for the release of Admit cards is 21-April-2022 and only successfully registered candidates will be issued admit cards. The date of the AILET exam is May 1, 2022, as of now. It will be of a duration of one and a half hours and will be conducted from 10 am to 11.30 am. The dates for the release of the Answer key, the Result for BA LLB (Hons) and LLM, and Counselling are still to be notified and will be disclosed with the progress of the stages.
AILET 2022: Eligibility
Candidates applying to NLU Delhi through AILET should first review the eligibility requirements.
- Candidates for BA LLB (Hons) must have completed a 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 45 per cent aggregate (40 per cent for SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities). Candidates who are preparing for their 10+2 exams are also eligible to apply.
- Meanwhile, candidates for the LLM must have an LLB or similar degree with a minimum of 50% (45% in the case of SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities). Candidates who are about to take their final year LLB test are also eligible to apply.
- PhD candidates must have an LL.M. or equivalent law degree with a grade point average of 55 per cent (50 per cent for SC/ST/PWDs).
AILET 2022 Admission form
The following are the phases in the NLU Delhi admissions process through the AILET exam:
- Step 1: Candidates must register online at NLU Delhi’s official website, https://nludelhi.ac.in, by providing all essential information in the application form, uploading required documents, and paying the exam cost. The AILET application form is only available for submission online.
- Step 2: Candidates who successfully register for the exam are issued admit cards by NLU Delhi. On the day of the exam, candidates must have their AILET admission card with them. Any candidate who does not have their admit card will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Step 3: Candidates must appear for the AILET at the exam centre designated on their admit card.
- Step 4: AILET results are normally announced by NLU Delhi within a month of the exam’s completion. Candidates who pass the exam receive All India Ranks (AIRs), sectional scores, and overall scores on their scorecards.
- Step 5: Based on the rank list provided at the time of the results, the university offers AILET counselling. Qualifying candidates are assigned places in their respective law courses based on merit during the counselling session.
AILET 2022: Syllabus
For the BA LLB and LLM programmes, the AILET 2022 test pattern and syllabus have been revised as the Mathematics and Legal Reasoning components have been removed from the AILET question paper for BA LLB (Hons) students. The component composition has also changed, with the Logical Reasoning test now carrying the most significance (70 marks), followed by the English Language (50 marks), and Current Affairs & GL (40 marks) (30 marks).
To pass this law exam with flying colours, you must practise AILET questions and sample papers and be familiar with the subjects, grading scheme, and other elements. Practising AILET question papers can help you better understand the exam’s structure as well as your strong and weak areas for the exam.
Candidates are urged to extensively review the AILET pattern in order to obtain a thorough grasp of the exam. Candidates should also review the AILET syllabus to familiarise themselves with the exam’s key subjects.
A total of 150 multiple-choice questions will be included in the BA LLB (each of 1 mark). To study for the exam, candidates must use the new AILET syllabus 2022.
AILET 2022: Counselling
Candidates whose names appear on the merit list must attend the AILET 2022 counselling session. Candidates will be assigned places in their respective courses based on merit during the AILET counselling round.
Candidates can register for AILET 2021 counselling by following the processes outlined below:
- Step 1: Go to http://nludelhi.admissionhelp.com/ and fill out the application.
- Step 2: Log in with the candidate’s roll number/application number and date of birth.
- Step 3: Attach all of the required paperwork.
- Step 4: Pay the AILET application cost.
- CLAT Exam Date 2022-23
- CLAT 2022
- NMIMS NPAT Syllabus 2022 PDF Download
- NMIMS NPAT 2022: Full Form, Eligibility, Dates, Fee
- NMIMS NPAT 2022: Application Form, Registration
- SET Syllabus 2022: Download PDF
AILET 2022: FAQs
When will the admission card for AILET 2022 be released?
On April 21, the AILET admit card 2022 will be released.
Is AILET more difficult than CLAT?
Yes, AILET normally has a higher difficulty level than CLAT.
When is the deadline for submitting an AILET application form for the year 2022?
The deadline for submitting an AILET 2022 application is April 7, 2022.
How can I register for the AILET exam?
On the official website of NLU Delhi, candidates could apply for AILET 2022 in an online format.
Is the AILET an online or offline test?
The legal entrance exam is administered in an offline format, which means that applicants receive a question paper and must mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
Is the AILET a necessary exam for law school admissions?
It is necessary to take the AILET exam if you want to apply to one of India’s top law schools, NLU Delhi.