SSC JE Syllabus Civil 2021
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil: Staff Selection Commission recruits junior engineers in various disciplines such as Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, etc through SSC JE Recruitment almost every year. The candidates who aspire to get a job as a junior engineer in Staff Selection Commission shall apply for various engineering vacancies to be recruited under SSC JE Recruitment 2021. The candidates must know SSC JE Syllabus 2021 to get good marks in SSC JE Exam 2021. The syllabus is different for both the tiers of SSC JE Exam 2021 and hence, candidates must concentrate a lot to understand SSC JE Syllabus 2021. After knowing about SSC JE Syllabus 2021, the candidates shall strategize and plan for each subject so that they can get an ample amount of time to grasp and revise the topics of SSC JE Exam 2021. Planning fails if it is not religiously followed and hence, the candidates preparing for SSC JE Exam 2021 must religiously follow their plan for SSC JE Exam 2021 and study well. In this article, we have covered everything regarding SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil for the candidates who are preparing for SSC Junior Civil Engineer Post under SSC JE Recruitment 2021. The candidates must read the full article properly to know about SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil and must bookmark this website for further updates about SSC JE Exam 2021.
SSC JE Syllabus Civil 2021 – Overview
|SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil|
|Name of Authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of Post||Junior Engineer|
|Online Application Begins||To Be Notified Soon|
|Online Application Ends||To Be Notified Soon|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil: SSC JE Exam 2021 will consist of two papers which are SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper-I and SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper-II. SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper-I will be conducted online. SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper 1 will be Computer Based Examination. SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper-I will have a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper-II will be a Descriptive Type Paper. SSC JE Exam 2021 Paper-II will be held Examination.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil: SSC JE Exam 2021 will have Two Tiers. SSC JE Exam Pattern is given below in the table format for the candidates to refer.
|No. of Tier||SSC JE Exam Type||SSC JE Exam Mode|
|Tier 1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier 2||Descriptive Test||Pen and Paper Mode|
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021 Paper-I
|Name of Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural) or
Part B- General Engineering (electrical) or
Part C- General Engineering (mechanical)
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2021 Paper 2
|Name of Subject||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Engineering(Civil & Structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Part B- General Engineering (Electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)|
SSC JE Syllabus Civil 2021
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil Tier 1
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Engineering:
Part A: (Civil Engineering & Structural Engineering)
Part B: (Electrical Engineering)
Part C: (Mechanical Engineering)
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Paper Folding Method
- Word Formation
- Venn Diagram
- Direction and Distance
- Blood Relations
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Seating Arrangement
- Space visualization,
- Problem solving,
- Decision making,
- Visual memory,
- Relationship concepts,
- Arithmetical reasoning,
- Verbal and figure classification,
- Arithmetical number series
- Arithmetical computations
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 General Awareness
- Static General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Important Schemes
- People in the News
- General Polity and
- Scientific Research
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 General Engineering
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil Engineering
- Building Materials
- Soil Mechanics
- Costing and Valuation
- Concrete Technology
- Irrigation Engineering
- Steel Design
- Theory of Structures
- RCC Design
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil Tier II
SSC JE Syllabus Civil 2021: SSC JE 2021 Tier 2 Exam paper will have three parts. SSC JE 2021 Tier 2 Exam paper will be a written exam of 300 marks for a duration of 2 hours. Candidates can choose any one out of three parts of SSC JE Tier 2 Exam to attempt for SSC JE Recruitment 2021. SSC JE 2021 Tier 2 Exam Subjects are as follows,
- Part-A (Civil Engineering & Structural Engineering)
- Part-B (Electrical Engineering)
- Part-C (Mechanical Engineering)
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 For Civil Engineering
- Physical and chemical properties
- Standard Tests,
- Uses and Manufacture
- Quarrying of Materials
Estimating, Costing, and Valuation
- Estimate, a glossary of technical terms,
- analysis of rates,
- methods and unit of measurement,
- Items of work – earthwork,
- Brick work (Modular & Traditional bricks),
- RCC work,
- Timber work,
- Boundary wall,
- Brick building,
- Water Tank,
- Septic tank,
- Bar bending schedule,
- Centre line method,
- Mid-section formula,
- Trapezoidal formula,
- Simpson’s rule.
- Cost estimate of Septic tank,
- flexible pavements,
- Tube well,
- isolates and combined footings,
- Steel Truss,
- Piles, and
- Valuation – Value and cost,
- scrap value,
- salvage value,
- assessed value,
- sinking fund,
- methods of Valuation
- Principles of surveying,
- measurement of distance,
- chain surveying.
- Working on the prismatic compass,
- compass traversing,
- local attraction,
- plane table surveying.
- The theodolite traversing,
- adjustment of theodolite,
- Definition of terms used in leveling,
- refraction corrections.
- Temporary and permanent adjustments of dumpy level,
- methods of contouring.
- Uses of a contour map,
- tachometric survey,
- curve setting
- Earthwork calculation,
- advanced surveying equipment.
- Origin of soil, phase diagram,
- Definitions-void ratio,
- degree of saturation,
- water content,
- the specific gravity of soil grains,
- unit weights,
- density index, and interrelationship of different parameters,
- Grain size distribution curves, and their uses.
- Index properties of soils,
- Atterberg’s limits,
- ISI soil classification, and plasticity chart.
- Permeability of soil,
- coefficient of permeability,
- determination of coefficient of permeability,
- Unconfined and confined aquifers,
- effective stress,
- consolidation of soils,
- Principles of consolidation,
- degree of consolidation,
- pre-consolidation pressure,
- normally consolidated soil,
- e-log p curve,
- computation of ultimate settlement.
- Shear strength of soils,
- direct shear test,
- Vane shear test,
- Triaxial test.
- Soil compaction,
- Laboratory compaction test,
- Maximum dry density and optimum moisture content,
- earth pressure theories,
- active and passive earth pressures,
- Bearing capacity of soils,
- plate load test,
- standard penetration test.
- Fluid properties and hydrostatics,
- measurements of flow.
- Bernoulli’s theorem and its application.
- Flow-through pipes.
- Flow in open channels,
- Definition, necessity, benefits, 2II effects of irrigation, types, and methods of irrigation.
- Hydrology – Measurement of rainfall,
- runoff coefficient,
- rain gauge.
- Losses from precipitation – evaporation, infiltration, etc.
- Water requirement of crops, duty, delta and base period,
- Kharif and Rabi Crops,
- Command area,
- Time factor,
- Crop ratio,
- Overlap allowance,
- Irrigation efficiencies.
- Different types of canals,
- types of canal irrigation,
- loss of water in canals.
- Canal lining – types and advantages.
- Shallow and deep to wells,
- the yield from a well.
- Weir and barrage,
- Failure of weirs and permeable foundation,
- Slit, and Scour,
- Kennedy’s theory of critical velocity.
- Lacey’s theory of uniform flow.
- Definition of flood, causes, and effects,
- methods of flood control,
- water logging,
- preventive measure.
- Highway Engineering: cross-sectional elements,
- geometric design,
- types of pavements,
- pavement materials
- Aggregates and bitumen,
- different tests,
- Design of flexible and rigid pavements
- Water Bound Macadam (WBM) and Wet Mix Macadam (WMM),
- Gravel Road,
- Bituminous construction,
- Rigid pavement joint,
- pavement maintenance,
- Highway drainage,
- Railway Engineering
- Components of the permanent way -Sleepers,
- fixtures and fastening,
- track geometry,
- points and crossings,
- track junction,
- Traffic Engineering – Different traffic survey,
- speed-flow-density, and their interrelationships,
- intersections, and interchanges,
- traffic signals,
- traffic operation,
- traffic signs and markings,
- road safety.
- Quality of water,
- source of water supply,
- purification of water,
- distribution of water,
- need of sanitation,
- sewerage systems,
- circular sewer,
- oval sewer,
- sewer appurtenances,
- sewage treatments.
- Surface water drainage.
- Solid waste management – types, effects, engineered management system.
- Air pollution – pollutants, causes, effects, control.
- Noise pollution – cause, health effects, control.
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 For Structural Engineering (Part A)
Theory of Structures
- Elasticity constants, types of beams – determinate and indeterminate,
- bending moment and shear force diagrams of simply supported,
- cantilever, and overhanging beams.
- Moment of area and moment of inertia for rectangular & circular sections,
- bending moment, and shear stress for tee, channel, and compound sections.
- dams and retaining walls,
- eccentric loads,
- slope deflection of simply supported and cantilever beams,
- critical load and columns,
- Torsion of circular section.
- Properties, Advantages and uses of concrete,
- cement aggregates,
- the importance of water quality,
- water-cement ratio
- mix design,
- placement, compaction, finishing and curing of concrete.
- Quality control of concrete,
- hot weather and cold weather concreting repair,
- maintenance of concrete structures.
- RCC beams-flexural strength,
- shear strength,
- bond strength,
- design of singly reinforced
- double reinforced beams,
- cantilever beams.
- One-way and two-way slabs,
- isolated footings.
- Reinforced brick works,
- columns, staircases, retaining walls, water tanks (RCC design questions may be based on both Limit State and Working Stress methods).
- Steel design and construction of steel columns
- Beams roof trusses plate girders
SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil FAQs
Q1. Where can I check SSC JE Syllabus 2021?
Ans. You can check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 in this article.
Q2. Where can I check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil?
Ans. You can check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Civil in this article.
Q3. Where can I check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Tier 1 for Civil Engineering?
Ans. You can check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Tier 1 for Civil Engineering in this article.
Q4. Where can I check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Tier 2 for Civil Engineering?
Ans. You can check SSC JE Syllabus 2021 Tier 2 for Civil Engineering in this article.
Q5. How many subjects are there in SSC JE 2021 Tier 1?
Ans. There are three subjects in SSC JE 2021 Tier 1.
Q6. How many phases are there in SSC JE Recruitment 2021?
Ans. SSC JE Recruitment 2021 will have two phases which are tier 1 and tier 2.
Q7. Is there any negative marking in SSC JE Tier 1?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question for every wrong answer in SSC JE Tier 1 Exam 2021.
Now keep yourself updated with Latest Engineering Government Jobs 24×7 Download ADDA247 App Now! CLICK HERE