Quiz Electronics Engineering
Each Question carries 1 Mark
Negative Marking: 1/4
Time: 10 Minutes
Q1. Array is a set of _____ objects.
(a) different type of
(b) same type of
Q2. In J-K flip-flop the function K = J is used to realize-
(b) S-R flip-flop
(c) T-flip flop
(d) Master-slave flip-flop
Q3. The IP address 1.225.225. 10 belongs to ________ class.
Q4. When a language has the capability to produce new data types, it is said to be_______.
Q5. Second generation computers used–
(a) Code language
(b) High level language
(c) assembly language
(d) Special language
Q6. Binary equivalent of 77 is :
Q7. In digital signature the private key is used for __________ and the public key for___.
(a) Decryption, encryption
(b) Encryption, decryption
(c) Plaintext, ciphertext
(d) Ciphertext, plaintext
Q8. Which type of computers use the 8 bit code called EBCDIC?
(b) Mainframe computers
(c) Super computer
Q9. Which data communication is used to send data over a serial communication link?
(a) Full Duplex
(b) Half Duplex
(d) All of these
L1 Difficulty 3
QCreator Vikram Kumar
Q10.The device that can both feed data into and accept data from a computer is called?
(c) input-output device
(d) All of these
Sol. An array is a collection of group of elements of same type, such as an integer or string. Each elements of the array share the same variable name but has its own unique index number (also called as subscript). These are commonly used in computer programs to organize data for easily sorting or searching of the related values.
Sol. In T FF, both the inputs are same. We can change JK FF to T flip flop by making J = K.
Sol. IP address range for class A is 0.0.0.0 to 127.255.255.255. So, IP address 188.8.131.52 belongs to class A network.
- An extensible system is one that can be upgraded so that it can fully handle the new data in the new input format.
- Overloading allows a class to have different method having the same name, but different argument lists. It can differ by the number of input parameters or type of input parameters or both. It is similar to constructor overloading in Java. It is also related to compile-time (or static) polymorphism.
- Encapsulation is a process of wrapping code and data together into a single unit. It is used to hide the values or state of a structured data object inside a class, preventing unauthorized access.
Sol. The second generation language or 2GL is a grouping of programming languages associated with assembly languages. The term is used to differentiate between Machine Languages (1GL) and higher-level programming languages. An assembly language is a low-level programming language for microprocessors and other programmable devices. It can only be used to do the simple tasks that a computer can understand directly. It is not just a single language, but rather a group of languages.
Sol. Binary equivalent of 77 is 1001101
(77)10 = (1001101)2
Sol. Digital signatures uses a public key encryption system. Before encrypting the message and sending to second person, first person can sign the message i.e., encrypt it so that no other can misuse it, using his private key and when Second Person decrypts the message, he can verify the signature using first person’s public key.
Sol. Mainframe computers use the 8 bit code called EBCDIC. Extended binary coded decimal interchange code (EBCDIC) is an 8-bit binary code for numeric and alphanumeric characters. It was developed and used by IBM. It is a coding representation in which symbols, letters and numbers are presented in binary language. It is used on IBM mainframe operating systems such as z/OS, OS/390, VM and VSE; as well as IBM midrange computer operating systems such as OS/400 and i5/OS.
- Simplex: Data transmission in only one direction. Example- TV remote.
- Half duplex: Data transmission in both directions on a single carrier but not at the same time. Example- Walkie-Talkie
- Full duplex: Data is transmitted simultaneously in both directions on transmission path. Two wires are needed to send data over a serial communication link layer. A telephone conversation is full-duplex.
S10. Ans. (c)
Sol. The Input Output device can both feed data into and accept data from a computer.