The property of a material by virtue of it, the material regains its original dimension when the load is removed.
- A body is said to be perfectly elastic if it regains its original dimension completely.
The property of a material by virtue of it, material does not regain its original dimension when the load is removed.
- The material undergoes inelastic strain beyond the elastic limit.
- This property is useful in Pressing, Forging, Rolling, etc.
The property by virtue of it permits the material to be drawn out longitudinally by reducing its cross-section with the help of tensile forces.
- Mostly useful in wire drawing.
The property by virtue of it does not permit the material to be drawn out longitudinally with the help of tensile forces.
- Glass, cast iron, concrete and ceramic are brittle materials.
The property by virtue of it permits the material to be flattened in all directions without any rupture.
The ability of the material by virtue of it to resist indentation.
The ability of the material by virtue of it absorbs the energy up to fracture in stress-strain curve.
- It is important in cyclic loading, impact loading.
Boost your preparation with the all-new Concept Booster Series by Adda247 Engineering Jobs, this series aims to target all the important engineering exams such as SSC Je 2022, GATE 2022, ESE 2022, and many more. Please reach out to us with your feedback in the comment section.