DUCTILE AND BRITTLE MATERIAL
If strain, post elastic strain is greater than 5%. It is called ductile material.
- Undergo large permanent strains before failure
- Large reduction in the area before fracture
- Example- Lead, mild steel, copper
If strain, post elastic strain is less than 5%. It is called brittle material.
- Fail with only little elongation after the proportional limit is exceeded.
- Very less reduction in the area before fracture
- Example- Bronze, Glass
- ‘Mild steel is more elastic than (Rubber).
Boost your preparation with the all-new Concept Booster Series by Adda247 Engineering Jobs, this series aims to target all the important engineering exams such as SSC Je 2022, GATE 2022, ESE 2022, and many more. Please reach out to us with your feedback in the comment section.