Democracy is not merely a form of government. It is primarily a mode of associated living, of conjoint communicated experience. It is essentially an attitude of respect and reverence towards fellow men” – BR Ambedkar
Republic Day 2022
Essence of Republic Day
Every festival we celebrate has a essence behind it, an Idea That needs to be propagated and a vision waiting for realization , before understanding the essence of Republic Day let’s have a look at our Preamble
WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a SOVEREIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC and to secure to all its citizens:
JUSTICE, social, economic and political;
LIBERTY of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;
EQUALITY of status and of opportunity; and to promote among them all
FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and integrity of the Nation;
IN OUR CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY this twenty-sixth day of November, 1949, do HEREBY ADOPT, ENACT AND GIVE TO OURSELVES THIS CONSTITUTION
The day we make every word of this preamble a reality not only in constitution but in our lives too, that day the Essence of republic day will be Realized.
Father of Indian Constitution
As we all know that Dr. BR Ambedkar is known as the Father of Indian Constitution. He was was an ambitious leader, journalist, economist and social reformer who fought for discrimination against the untouchables. On August 29, 1947, he formed a committee of seven members calling it the ‘Drafting Committee’. With Dr. BR Ambedkar as the Chairman of the committee, the other members included were
Happy Republic Day 2022
This years marks the 75 years since the Independence of India and we will be celebrating the 73rd republic day, The pandemic is also persistent so keeping all these things in mind there are some changes in the celebrations this year, In this article we will discuss how this year Republic day celebrations will be different.
- This Year the republic Day Parade will commence from 10:30 AM earlier it used to start at 10 am.
- The Parade path is shortened, the Parade will start from Raisina Hills and go to the National Stadium earlier it used to go up to the Red Fort.
- Tableaux will be allowed to go up to Red fort.
- For Republic Day Parade 2022 tableaux there must also be an innovative use of LED lighting, 3D printing, moving elements using mechatronics or robots can also be used to showcase certain elements.
- Eco-friendly materials for Republic Day tableaux are also encouraged, among the use of technologies such as Virtual reality and AI among others.
- There will be two motor-cycle formations. The women’s team will be of BSF and men’s team will be of ITBP.
- Under a Kala Kunch, ten scrolls, each 75 meter wide and 15 feet high have been prepared in Bhubaneshwar and Chandigarh, showcasing stories of unsung heroes of the freedom movement through the country’s rich traditional art forms. These will be displayed along the Rajpath during the parade. Over 500 artists prepared these scrolls.
- The number of Marching contingents will be 16, Of these, eight will be of Indian Armed Forces, four of central Armed Police Force, two of NCC and one each of Delhi Police and NSS.
- Army personnel march in the parade wearing the new Combat Dress and using indigenously made INSAS rifles.
- Cadets from the National Cadet Corps will visit and provide a “plaque of gratitude” to the next of kin of around 5000 soldiers who have made the supreme sacrifice for the nation, and have their names mentioned on the National War Memorial. Till Independence Day, families of all 26,466 names mentioned in the memorial will be visited. this is a New Initiative to pay tribute to our martyrs
- The grandest flypast ever to take place over Rajpath during the Republic Day parade with 75 aircraft including the planes from IAF, Army, and the Navy. This is in line with the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations,“Five Rafale to fly over the Rajpath in the Vinaash formation,” 17 Jaguar fighter aircraft will fly in the shape of ’75’ to celebrate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. Navy’s MiG29K and P-8I surveillance aircraft will also fly in the Varuna formation,
The Beating Retreat Ceremony
- The Beating the Retreat ceremony on January 29 will also have a few new elements. There will be a projection mapping show to commemorate 75 years of independence around 3 to 4 minutes long, showcased on the walls of North and South blocks before the end of the ceremony.
- There will be a drone show organised by Botlab Dynamics, a start-up supported by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi in which around 1000 drones will participate.
We wish you a Happy republic Day in advance, may the spirit of independence and the virtues of our nation builders remain eternal in our souls.