How to Prepare for CAPF ACs 2023?
A lot of youths want to serve for the National Security. For those who love to live a life full of adventure, pride, and leadership, Assistant Commandant in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) is a wonderful opportunity. In this article, a strategy to crack the CAPF exam 2023 is discussed.
UPSC released the CAPF 2023 notification on 26th April 2023. The notification has been released and the students have already started to prepare for the exam as well. If you analyze the recent papers of CAPF you will come to know that the level of questions asked in this examination is quite high. Questions are similar to the civil services prelims examination. Paper isn’t very tough but the vast syllabus shifts it slightly towards the tougher side. So start preparing now. Be an early bird because only an early bird catches a worm.
UPSC CAPF 2023: Exam Summary
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) examination, conducted annually by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), is a national-level exam. The exam follows a three-stage process, consisting of a written test, physical fitness test, and interview. The written test for CAPF 2023 is scheduled for 6th August 2023, with an estimated participation of around 2 lakh candidates.
|Name of Exam||Central Armed Police Forces|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Rounds||3 Stages (Written + PFT + Interview)|
|Expected Candidates||2 lakhs approx.|
|Job Location||Across India|
|CAPF 2023 Notification||26th April 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||16th May 2023|
How to Prepare for UPSC CAPF ACs 2023 Examination
Apart from the MCQ-based paper, there is a descriptive paper too. So one should start working on his writing skills to reduce grammatical errors and improve the way of expression. Candidates should start reading newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express etc. to improve their grasp over the current happenings. This will also help in the process of thought generation while writing the essay. The essay paper is a scoring one. Choose the language you are comfortable with while writing the essay.
Preparing for the UPSC CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces) Assistant Commandant (ACs) 2023 Examination can be a daunting task, but with the right approach and strategy, you can succeed. Here are some tips on how to prepare for the exam:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus: The first step in preparing for any exam is to understand its pattern and syllabus. Go through the official notification and exam pattern carefully to get a clear idea of the subjects and topics that will be covered in the exam.
- Make a study plan: Once you have a clear understanding of the syllabus, make a study plan that includes all the topics you need to cover and allocate time for each topic. Make sure to stick to your plan and revise regularly.
- Refer to standard books and study material: Refer to standard books and study material recommended by experts to cover the topics in the syllabus. You can also take help from online resources, such as UPSC CAPF ACs previous year question papers, mock tests, and online study materials.
- Practice previous year question papers: Solving previous year question papers can help you get an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam and also help you improve your time management skills. Try to solve as many previous year question papers as possible.
- Improve your General Knowledge: General Knowledge (GK) is an important part of the UPSC CAPF ACs exam. Read newspapers, and magazines, and watch news channels to stay updated with the latest current affairs and events.
- Develop a writing practice: Writing practice is essential for the UPSC CAPF AC exam as there are several descriptive papers. Practice writing essays, précis, and other types of questions to improve your writing skills.
- Stay motivated and confident: Preparing for the UPSC CAPF AC exam can be challenging and time-consuming, but it is important to stay motivated and confident. Stay positive and keep working hard to achieve your goal.
Tips to Prepare for UPSC CAPF AC 2023
Following are some tips to prepare for UPSC CAPF AC 2023:
- Know your syllabus well. As the syllabus is very vast so one should not deviate from the syllabus. Take a printout of the syllabus and keep reading it on a regular basis.
- If you are new to this exam start with the previous year’s papers. These are easily available on the UPSC website.
- Consistency is more important than the number of study hours. On a rough basis at least 3 months are required so one should regularly study for at least 6 hours minimum.
- Keep in mind the 0.33 negative marking for the objective paper. Don’t make guesses.
- For science background students, quantitative aptitude and science questions will be an edge over others.
- Prepare current affairs of at least the past 1 year from the date of examination. National and International events are important.
- Economics questions are based on basic concepts. So a better understanding is required.
- In history, go for modern history first as it has a higher weightage.
- Geography has a vast syllabus so stick to the previous year’s pattern.
- Give special emphasis to the Indian Constitution part in Indian polity. M. Laxmikant is a good book for the same. Special focus on topics on news.
- Keep revising your notes again and again.
- The economics book by Ramesh Singh is a good source. Spectrum’s Book for modern history and G C Leong for Physical Geography
“A little progress every day, adds up to big results”