Bank Clerk 2019
The Bank Clerk job is an entry-level Banking Job. A Bank Clerk is involved in day-to-day activities of a Bank and works of a Bank and plays a critical role in building the resource structure of the Bank. Banking Sector is the backbone of India’s economy. Thus, every member associated with a Bank plays a vital role in building the economy of the country. A Bank Clerk is responsible for a lot of customer services provided at various Banks. He ensures that the customers are provided with the best Customer Service experience.
Bank Clerk Role
A clerk is either assigned to a branch or to a Regional/Zonal/Head office of a Public Sector Bank. Various roles of a Bank Clerk are:
- Being the Head Cashier who is responsible for handling cash and gold loans. He/She is also responsible for the cash balance in the branch and associated ATM 24x7 and needs to arrange for remittances as and when needed.
- Being a Teller (CASH) who helps people with their cash transactions.
- Being a Single Window Operator (SWO) is usually assigned at the counter. SWO helps customers by entertaining their requests including but not limited to balance enquiry, statement requests.
- He/She is also appointed as an advances clerks whose role includes various tasks like filing loan documents, opening loan accounts, generating disbursement schedules, compiling credit information reports, monitoring NPA's, field inspections, paying crop loan insurance, sending tax (customers TDS and employees Income tax) to government, crediting pensions to government pensioners and doing a myriad of tasks which the Regional Office asks on regular basis.
- In a regional / Zonal / Head office, a clerk is usually given a department and his job role depends on the department.
Bank Clerk 2019 Exam Dates
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Board has released the IBPS Calendar 2019-20 wherein the exam dates for all IBPS Exams 2019 have been announced. Let's have a look at the Bank Clerk Exam dates 2019.
|Exam Name||Preliminary Exam Dates||Mains Exam Dates|
|IBPS Clerk||7th, 8th, 14th & 15th December 2019||25th January 2020|
|IBPS RRB Clerk (Office Assistant)||11th, 18th & 25th August 2019||29th September 2019|
Bank Clerk Salary
The salary of Bank Clerk got revised after the announcement of 7th Pay Commission. The Clerk enjoys a lot of perks that Bank imparts to its employees. Apart from the Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance and House Rent Allowance are also given to the candidates. A Clerk is also given the benefits of Pension Plan as notified by the Public Sector Bank in which he/she joins.
Let’s have a look at the Salary Structure of a Bank Clerk:
|Salary Structure||Pay Scale|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 12,812/-|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs. 5,124/-|
|House Rent Allowance||Rs. 1,921/-|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 19,857/-|
Bank Clerk Vacancy
The Vacancy for the post of Clerical Cadre differs from Bank to Bank and it is decided by the exams conducted by IBPS or the other Public Sector Banks. Let’s have a look at the roughly decided Bank Clerk Vacancy for the year 2018 to get an idea of the upcoming Bank Clerk 2019 Vacancies
IBPS Clerk: 7275 posts
SBI Clerk: Around 7200 posts
Other Bank Clerk Exam: 10000+ posts
Bank Clerk Jobs
A number of Banks provides Clerical Jobs to candidates who wish to join the prestigious Public Sector Banks. A huge number of vacancies are created for the post of Clerk every year and a number of Banks conduct Clerical Exams to select candidates to this post. For year 2019, the list of Exams to be conducted to hire candidates for the post of Clerical Cadre are:
- SBI Clerk 2019
- IBPS Clerk 2019
- RRB Clerk 2019
- Karur Vyas Clerk 2019
- Karnatka Bank Clerk 2019
- South Indian Bank Clerk 2019
- Nainital Bank Clerk 2019
- Federal Bank Clerk 2019
- Bank of Maharashtra Clerk 2019
Bank Clerk Syllabus
Bank Clerk Syllabus is designed to check the Aptitude of the Candidate as well as his awareness about the General Banking Terminologies. The Bank Clerk Exam occurs in two phases:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Three major sections are asked in the Preliminary Phase of any Bank Clerk Exam: Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability.
The mains exam comprises of four section: Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, General/Financial Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language.
This pattern again differs for different Bank Clerk Exams.
Bank Clerk Eligibility
The candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for the Bank Clerk exam.
- The candidate must be 20-28 years old while applying for the Clerical Post.
- The candidate must possess the minimum qualification requirement of a graduate before applying for clerk cadre. He/She must hold a valid degree from a recognized State or Central University.
- The candidate must not hold any criminal record while applying for the exam. If found guilty, his/her candidature will be immediately cancelled.
Bank Clerk Preparation
The preparation of Bank Clerk exam must be done effectively by keeping in mind the latest pattern and the syllabus of the Bank Clerk exam. Since the syllabus covers a large number of topics, it is necessary for the candidates to choose the right set of books and Mock Test Series to prepare for this examination.
Candidates must also go through previous years’ Bank Clerk question papers in order to acclimatize to the change in pattern of the exam. Follow Adda247.com and bankersadda.com to get all study materials in new pattern. Apart from test series you can also join any Coaching or online test series for self-assessment and better exam preparation.